ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BOOT NOT OPENING - CLIO 1.2

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me with a problem with my car...:clown:

CAR:

I have an '02' 1.2 16v Renault Clio

PROBLEM:

When I click the fob to open my car the boot no longer opens.

In the beginning this was ocassional and after a few clicks the door would open. However, now there is no sound comming from the back boot lock and thus the boot no longer opens. When I try and open the boot (by clicking the button inside he renault badge) with my hand its just like the car boot is still locked.

If anyone could please help it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
prob the "d" ring has come loose (as often do) and has been pushed far into the plastic. you can climb in the boot (from seats) and undo all the * shaped screws on the plastic strip on the boot door lip and prob undo the * shapped screw that holds down the "d" ring in place. you should them be able to get the boot open. and tighten up all the *shapped screws incruding the main "d" ring one, so its closes again. (sure this doens make too much sence but it happend to my sis and its who i sorted it). take care with the p.shelf tho

MINI Cooper S
Do you not have a button near the ciggy lighter that locks/unlocks the car? i use that for my boot cos for some reason the key wont open the boot and my central locking is dead. Makes my car sound like a rite shed lol.

THANKS so far guys.​

MillerLight: Just tried what you advised but the screws are quite an awkward shape (mabe torx?). So unable todo as advised at the mo.​

And1.2: Unfortunately the button mentioned does not help to open the boot, thanks anyway.​

Open to more suggestions from anyone...​

I have just had a closer look at the back locking system by doing what 'MillerLight' suggested...

I now believe the problem is electrical as all seemed fine when I pushed the part to manually open the bonnet. I fiddled around for a bit and it started to work and then died again...but this time I was unable to lock the boot :S

Again I fiddled and hoped it would work for one last time so I could at least keep the boot locked, and luckly it worked..so the boot is now locked.

BUT back to squre 1, the boot does not open.

I think this is electrical...any ideas?

Anyone know how much it is to replae the motor?

Thanks again people

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
BrianR: There is no keyhole on the boot lock

Really !!! Wow, thats a major design feature lol

One possible cause of your problem is where the wires go from the body to the tailgate, through the rubber tube grommet, the wires can break or short out.

The problem of course is, you need to get the tailgate open first to check this.

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me with a problem with my car...:clown:

CAR:

I have an '02' 1.2 16v Renault Clio

PROBLEM:

When I click the fob to open my car the boot no longer opens.

In the beginning this was ocassional and after a few clicks the door would open. However, now there is no sound comming from the back boot lock and thus the boot no longer opens. When I try and open the boot (by clicking the button inside he renault badge) with my hand its just like the car boot is still locked.

If anyone could please help it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

i had the EXACT same problem with mine, it was the tailgait link rod which had slipped!!have you checked that?

Clio
Climb into the boot from the back seats and get a flat head screw driver, just above the catch is a black piece of plastic which i can be pushed. once pushed the boot will pop open. alot easier then climbing in and trying to uno the torx screws.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I have had the same Problem on my 1.2 16v 03 plate clio. Left work, filled the boot, got home and it just would not open, took it to local garage and fixed it for £35 (Fitted) by replacing the latch on the boot lid that had burnt out.