ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot LOCKED!! ARRGHH!!

Wondered if anyone could shed some light.

Car has had a flat battery for a few months now. It has central locking and also a Clifford alarm.

When jump starting yesterday, the boot was fine to open etc. However, after it's started and running nicely, the boot no longer opens. It's locked. Tried deactivating the alarm, putting it on stand-by, unlocking using Renault keyfob etc.

Nadda. It's never happened before, even when jump started previously.

Ideas?

Gracias!:)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Crawl into the boot from the back seats, take the little screw out of where the pull handle is, then pull it all off the 7 rivet things, then you will see how the mechanism works. There is like a funny looking black handle with a rod going to it from the boot button.

I think if you pull this black handle up, it should open your boot, and then you can go round and get better access.

On my car, and a common problem was the little white motor housing with the cogs in, and cogs either loose there teeth, or just stop turning.

I bought a new mechanism off steve79 off here.

Hope this helps, Sam!

thanks mate. I'll have a gander tomorrow evening. dont know how or why it stopped working suddenly. It was fine one minute and gone the next.

In fact, the central locking has gone a bit bonkers. It no longer bleeps when i turn on or off. Just the doors locks and unlocks.

Glad i rarely drive the bugger.