ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot light shorted clio 182 rb

Clio 182
I changed the interior bulbs and in the process on starting the car the boot light shorted and I had a little bit of a fire. It obviously damaged the cables, connector and just for good measure the rear screen washer tube.
I have now repaired both but the boot light now stays on all the time and the car locks but the indicators dont flash yet they still function normally with regards to hazard and turning. I have replaced the wiring like for like but I just cant work out whats wrong. Please help me lol

Attachments

• 20170829_192328.jpg
    20170829_192328.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 20170829_192355.jpg
    20170829_192355.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 125
  172 Ph1
The green wires are shorted together , causing your issue . Check the loom further up and separate the melting together of the wires.

Clio 182
The green wires are shorted together , causing your issue . Check the loom further up and separate the melting together of the wires.
I seperated the cable and cut back to a point that the cables no longer touched or were damaged. I thought at first I had got the wires round the wrong way but I swapped them over and its still the same. I will check again tomorrow further down the the loom to make sure nothing else is damaged

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
At a guess its affected the wiring to the boot switch. Its tied into the boot light wiring iirc - no flash when locking as the uch thinks boot is open..is the door open light on the dash all the time with ign on ?

Clio 182
At a guess its affected the wiring to the boot switch. Its tied into the boot light wiring iirc - no flash when locking as the uch thinks boot is open..is the door open light on the dash all the time with ign on ?
No light on dashboard. I did not have time to look at it tonight but will hopefully have some time tomorrow