ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot battery relocation cable

Clio 182 FF
I didn't bother on mine mate. I wire a lot of big power consuming stuff in at work and just put the fuse as close to the battery as possible.

Awesome, going for a 250amp fuse the cable rating is pretty high.

Cheers for the knowledge.

Clio 182 FF
Does this look okay? With a 250amp fuse?
bavu3uje.jpg

Clio 182 FF
I used a proper mega fuse holder mate so can't comment on the quality of that one above. I doubt stereo equipment has the same amp draw or current flow of the charging system though so not sure I'd want to use one of them.

Oh right.... One of these then?

upavyja4.jpg

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I think the idea for one the other end is that you have a power supply that end (ie. an alternator).

Not essential, but it couldn't hurt and you end up with a handy little terminal box!

Polo + Micra
I think the idea for one the other end is that you have a power supply that end (ie. an alternator).

Not essential, but it couldn't hurt and you end up with a handy little terminal box!

that's exactly the reason for one either end

Clio 182 FF
that's exactly the reason for one either end

I've got a terminal box with all the leads what were originally coming from the battery, one for alternator and one for fuse box. I'm guessing the alternator one is already fused?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So just a fuse battery side is enough?
IMO and IME, yes mate. The original battery cable from the alternator/starter motor has a fused link on it as standard anyway, so if you free some of the cable up out of the loom and get a longacre battery through panel, you can retain this in the engine bay side should you wish. I'd still run a fuse inside the car near the battery though as well if you choose to do this.

Lancia Integrale
IMO and IME, yes mate. The original battery cable from the alternator/starter motor has a fused link on it as standard anyway, so if you free some of the cable up out of the loom and get a longacre battery through panel, you can retain this in the engine bay side should you wish. I'd still run a fuse inside the car near the battery though as well if you choose to do this.

Brilliant cheers dude- so do you use the through panel instead of a distribution box

Clio 182 FF
I will take a few more pictures tonight to help people. I've got one of those mega fuses to fit. Went for 250amp fuse.

Clio 182 FF
Any pictures of peoples battery relocations to the boot?

Completely forgot... Will get some over the weekend.

I did have the batter relocated under passenger seat but got fed up of sluggish starts are cold days. Also you need to keep them on trickle charge.

Clio 182 FF
I crimped the cables! yep pretty thick, Its hidden going through the car and I got it through the where the bonnet release cable goes through.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looking into doing this, is going through the bonnet release grommet the most common route people use?
I want to move the battery to the boot if it's not too much hassle

Clio 182 FF
Yep bonnet release grommet is the best route, just need to remove the expansion tank to gain access.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You shouldn't need to remove th expansion tank. I've put loads of stuff through the bonnet release grommet and haven't had to remove it.