ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet latch.

Phase 2, 172
Is there a way to open my bonnet as the f**king latch has just gone, prob need to go to a garage but have any of you tried and got it open.

​Cheers.

172 Race Car
I had 2 letters recently for bonnet latch recalls, worth an ask. Just ring them and say you have a problem with it and you dont think its been checked by them. They may replace it for free

Just phone them up? I did this half an hour ago and have booked my car in.

Mine was getting stuck shut too. Pull the latch hard then I've found I have to push it down a little to let it release up. Random I know.

Phase 2, 172
Just phone them up? I did this half an hour ago and have booked my car in.

Mine was getting stuck shut too. Pull the latch hard then I've found I have to push it down a little to let it release up. Random I know.

cheers gona ring them in the morning then , nice one for the help guys.

monaco blue 172 ..
i had the recall letter for the latch... and it said , free check but if it needs replacing , it will cost a maximum of £95 ... sod that

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had similar issues, pulled the bonnet up as hard as I could and got someone to repeatedly pull the lever in the car. Got it open eventually. Been fine ever since.

Mental 172 Cup
The latch in the slam panels can seize up.. Worth taking it out and lubing it up properly.. Never had a problem when I do that..

i had the recall letter for the latch... and it said , free check but if it needs replacing , it will cost a maximum of £95 ... sod that

I was told mine would be free, unless they find the latch has already been replaced before. If it's still the original latch it should be done all free of charge.

Decked Dirty Diesel!
Just a warning guys - i had the same problem, no matter how hard i tugged the lever the bonnet wouldn't budge..

I had to get somebody to fiddle with the lever while i lifted the bonnet to get it open everytime

Snapped two levers over the year it was like this, the first lever i got a replacement from ebay for around £5 posted

When i snapped it the second time i took it into renault and asked for a replacement cable and lever..

The plastic lever alone cost £14!

In total cost me £160 :eek: and they left the bonnet cable hanging out of the arch!!

Result:

fddddddddd.jpg

When i open the bonnet now i only have to move the lever half a cm and it feels like a new car though :)

Attachments

• fddddddddd.jpg
    fddddddddd.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: