ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet defect...

PH.2 'berg 172
The bonnet on the clio 172 that I have just purchased, doesn't seem to quite aligned perfectly straight, the the gap between the bonnet and the front wheel arch is marginally larger than that on the other side. Its not a massive issue but was just wondering if anybody has any ideas why, or even a solution....

Regard

Josh

You should be able to unbolt the front wing and move it slightly so it aligns, I'm not 100%.

It might have had a slight knock and had some paint in its lifetime, Or it could just be aligned wrong.

PH.2 'berg 172
You should be able to unbolt the front wing and move it slightly so it aligns, I'm not 100%.

It might have had a slight knock and had some paint in its lifetime, Or it could just be aligned wrong.

yeah im going to get my mate to take a look, i was thinking it might be a bolt or something done up slightly tighter on one side causing it too pull over slightly...
its nothing huge but the rest of the car is in next to perfect condition so that would just make it 100%...

Fairly easy job, as stated above. If you have a mate to help you its alot easier. You can adjust the wings and the bonnet. Bonnet is held on with 4 x 10mm bolts, 2 each side, its an art form to get it perfect.

Phase 1 172, boxster
What he said mate ^^^ :) just loosen the bolts slightly so you can shift the bonnet towards the largest gap by a few mm each side, tighten up close then repeat until it looks right :)

PH.2 'berg 172
What he said mate ^^^ :) just loosen the bolts slightly so you can shift the bonnet towards the largest gap by a few mm each side, tighten up close then repeat until it looks right :)

Ill be giving this a go at the weekend, thanks for the tips guys.