ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet catch

iceberg phase 2 172
Bought a 172 last nite, ph2, and the bonnet will only open if I get someone to pull the bonnet whilst I pull the bonnet latch, any ideas where to start?

Clio 182
There was a recall on ph2 latches - covered loads 'search'. Local dealers should replace but if like mine they said its not on the list and they would no show me the list and they won't replace for free,

clio 182 trophy
Bought a 172 last nite, ph2, and the bonnet will only open if I get someone to pull the bonnet whilst I pull the bonnet latch, any ideas where to start?

Get some WD40 in there mate. All around the whole mechanism. Whilst doing the spraying make sure you open and close the latch a good few times to get it all in. If that works then great, but you will more than likely need a new mechanism fitted. I had mine done for free from Renault as they sent me a letter. I am not sure about the 172 models though but I doubt they would refuse.

clio 182 trophy
There was a recall on ph2 latches - covered loads 'search'. Local dealers should replace but if like mine they said its not on the list and they would no show me the list and they won't replace for free,

Phone up Renault UK and demand a new catch as it is dangerous. Also that you have friends that have had theirs done as part of a recall and that you have the same car and are being treated very unfairly. Should work.

S4 Avant
If it's not popping up when you pull on the release catch, the catch and grill are probably misaligned, preventing the bonnet lifting on it's own.

The recall issue was regarding the secondary catch sticking and never moving back into place once the bonnet is shut.

iceberg phase 2 172
If it's not popping up when you pull on the release catch, the catch and grill are probably misaligned, preventing the bonnet lifting on it's own.

The recall issue was regarding the secondary catch sticking and never moving back into place once the bonnet is shut.

Thanks for all the replies. Dave so easy to realign them?

Westfield, 182, 200
Just had this problem on mine, tried greasing and moving the catch in the slam panel, in the end I cured it by greasing the slide of the bit on the bonnet I side the spring-shoots up now!

iceberg phase 2 172
The mechanism on the slam panel seems to work fine, nice an free etc, the spring on the bonnet seems abit stiff tho