ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet catch ....

1.2 16v clio
i have booked my car in for the bonnet catch letter, women said it would be a few hours. anyone else left their car for this long? and what are they actually doing? should i just chance it that they will do it there and then for me?
sorry if its a repost i couldnt find anything on the subject.

Mk2 Clio dci
takes about 10 mins, theres 2 cans of lube. one for plastic one for metal. we just lube it up and try the catch 20 times. if the catch looks rusty, we replace it!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Me too, f**k taking it to Renault, they would probably dent the bonnet by pushing it shut lol

05 Clio 1.2 16v Extreme
well thats up too you, but people tend to go to their nearest renault dealership to get it done!

the catch might need changing if its faulty! wd40 cant do that! ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Yeah and Renault can't make bonnet catches apparently ;) . I think i'll stick with the wd40 .I've been driving RS clios for 6 years and never had a problem so far ( touch wood ) lol . Its not exactly rocket science is it to keep the catch cleaned and lubed . ooooh argh Mrs :quiet:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Well its last for months on the locks on my garage and they are exposed to the elements . So it'll ding dang do for me ;)

106 GTi
Start selling it on here so people can DIY maybe a good earner...

Just don't advertise it in the Detailing section, those bafoons don't know their clay bar from their crank shaft. ;)

Very true, they know how to keep there bonnet catches looking good though ;)

IMG_5588.jpg

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
looks brand new i took mine in, it neede an o2 sensor replaced under warranty any way and from what i an see the sprayed some white gunk all over it and over sprayed all over my engine as well, does not seem to have done the engine any harm but it looked a mess.