ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet catch letter,

Lou

Got mine through recorded delivery too - said they had sent a letter out previously but it hadn't been checked! Only got the car in Oct so suppose better get it checked out!!

Think I got a bonnet catch letter today too (I've been told a recorded delivery letter came from Renault, I hav'nt been home to open it yet!). Surprised they've sent one now, this issue came up ages ago! Got a feeling I've already had a letter before but not can't remember 100%.

As it happens they 'fixed'* it for me when it was in the dealership for some other work months ago. Looked fine (no corrosion) before they did this anyway.

*As in smeared the catch and surrounding slam panel in grease. Lucky I'm not too fussy about engine bay cleaniness/appearance!

Golf
Also got a letter today that a had to sign for saying according to there records me car hasnt been checked since the last letters sent out in june 2007, guess their records need updating as it was checked about a month ago :)

1998 BMW e46 323i
DSC00132.gif

DSC00133.gif

DSC00134.gif

Mate's wife's car, after she had the bonnet flip up on the M'way yesterday....

Shocking. It could have killed her and others. Thankfully she was just shaken up. Mate went down to his local Reno dealers today, who told him the bonnet flipping up was an 'urban myth'.

Shocking.

Last edited:
  Mk2 Clio dci
i think most of em are getting replaced now. we used to just check em and lubriacte em if they were a little rusty, but now were replacing nearly all of em.