ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet bra and other modifications

It can be harsh people telling you what they think, But you did ask for peoples opinions. I understand thinking people are being blunt, But its more just to the point.

If you like it, At the end of the day thats all that matters.

Ian

Focus TDCi
People do have a tendancy to be blunt when it comes to bras, because they verge on modding trends which aren't strictly associated with this clubs norm.

To make the bra work I'd say take a look at Immi's car or Rage's old euromobile. It takes a lot of work and money to make it fit in.

J03

MX5 1.8
bras a marmite, am getting one though to complete the look of my car...
get the bump strip colour coded... ive took my plate off ages ago when it wasnt colour coded and it looks crap, took it out bought some spray paints and filler to fill out the holes and bingo, looks great! not bad for some DIY, i got pulled once thats because the wiper was blocking the half the plate... but i moved it up abit and left it there still lol

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

EP3 Civic Type R
agreed Ian. Bra's can work. I'm never totally against something in the modding work, but a modification has to enhance those features around it. Plonking a 'euro bra' on a pretty much standard looking car just looks silly tbh mate, becauase it doesn't work with the mods you have. It's that simple.

If you like it, good on you... keep it. But don't start getting edgy when people give their opinions- you posted pictures up here and asked for those opinions to be given. Can't always be good news can it!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
i can appricate every1s oppions but i do find on al other sites, no1 says it so blunt, i and severa other furum users spend lots time and money on there cars and it does hurt where straight away peole slate it

sorry but that had to be sad
I wouldn't call putting on a bonnet bra and moving your plate into the windscreen spending alot of time and money on your car.

A forum is for people to give opinions, and my opinion is that it looks sh*t. I'm not going to lie just to make you feel good, I don't know you, and I'm giving my honest opinion.

A

amitshah1990

Last time i saw Haz's car it looks decent! Whats changed? I wonder what he'll have to say to you on all this ...

A

amitshah1990

But ryan mate .. get rid of the bra .. sell it, save your money .. lower it!!

J03

MX5 1.8
car then, and im 18, in uni, not alot monney trying to modify my car as its my intrest while moneys tight

am at uni too, and am 18, paying £150 a month for insurance, got some coilies, got splitter, brand new rims, got some lights, some HIDs, about £30 petrol every week, RS grille, diy spray colour coding jobby, sport rear bumper lol and i have many many more mods planned too..

get a job? that might get you somewhere to fund your car mate...
the majority of people aint going to say a good word about your unless you have the basic, which would include IIRC.. rs grille, lowered, meggy splitter, turini alloys, silver visions, some colour coding... :rasp: some other mods until the car looks like a sport replica! other than that your car aint worthy..

harsh words from people on here but enda day you gota learn to love them lol

A

amitshah1990

lol!! .. Where you insured mate, im taking my car to uni next year! Just waiting on my parking permit.

J03

MX5 1.8
am insured with bell in west pikeyshire... sh!t enough already with the area, plus ive had a claim and with all mods declared.. well most anyway.. :(

A

amitshah1990

no im saying its good!! because im paying 1780 per year which is pratically 150 a month with also a BIG claim and no mods declared. Although the only mod which i think i would really have to declare is my suspension kit. As xenons are "standard renault" alloys are "standard renault" althou both are not standard to the car spec. etc.

J03

MX5 1.8
no im saying its good!! because im paying 1780 per year which is pratically 150 a month with also a BIG claim and no mods declared. Although the only mod which i think i would really have to declare is my suspension kit. As xenons are "standard renault" alloys are "standard renault" althou both are not standard to the car spec. etc.

yeah i supose its alright but for a 1.2 its rediculous!... insurance companies are laughing :( :(

yeah if you stick you factory standard things no point in declaring really... if anything happens just say it came like that lol

A

amitshah1990

yeh my windows are tinted too, ill just show im ignorant in cars or something and say i didnt know as it came like that .. fingers crossed i just dont have any mishaps untill my 1 yr ncb comes in, in january :D

J03

MX5 1.8
yeh my windows are tinted too, ill just show im ignorant in cars or something and say i didnt know as it came like that .. fingers crossed i just dont have any mishaps untill my 1 yr ncb comes in, in january :D

i was going to use that excuse but i cant really say that anymore as my car looks completley different to when i bought it.. lol lucky you i have to wait for mine until next july.. :(

A

amitshah1990

i was going to use that excuse but i cant really say that anymore as my car looks completley different to when i bought it.. lol lucky you i have to wait for mine until next july.. :(

ouch!

mk2 slow. . .
looks alright, i do have one my self, and its one of those things like marmite, you either love it or you hate it. Although they do look better on darker coloured cars. Ryan just need to get your car lowered!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It's not really in a state at all.

Bras only look good on black Clios because you can't tel they're there :rasp:

i dont get this... haz's car is completly standard beside the splitter and the silvervisions.. why does everyone slate it lol
It's not a state. It's the fact he thinks it looks mint when really its nothing special at all.

Megane R26, R21 Turbo
i can see the point if its to keep the paintwork from getting damaged buying one for any other reason other than that is about as pointless as people that have fake french plates

Mk2 Clio
ive decided to now sell it

looking for £55 as not even 5 days old
welcome to offers though
its for the 182 sport clio but fits all them

i would post it in for sale section but i am not a member