ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet bra and other modifications

Mk2 Clio
since last posting my car up i have done some more modifications
please tell me what you think

with number plate on
please tell me what you think looks better
Photo0161.jpg

with out(in window)

Photo0175.jpg

Photo0170.jpg

Mk2 Clio
ok thanks for the comments

is having your numberplate in the window illegal

as i have herd its a very dodgy law

Suzuki Ignis Sport
They can give u a fine, and they'll make u put it where it should be.

And if they spot u with it in the windscreen again, then i guess they will give u a bigger fine, and even take ur car away.

Mk2 Clio
na mate not ;let, cant aford the insurance

i realy like the numberplate in the window but if im going to get lot hassle it dosnt sound worth it

Petrol Blue 182.
i like bonnet bras, im looking for a ph1 one, looks better with plate in window, and aslong as its inview should be ok!, only thing they mite say is because if you set a speed camera off, the glass may reflect the flash, thus blocking your number plate, get it on coilys! looking shcweet tho!

Mk2 Clio
go on www.autobra.com

they have phase 1 os there

thanks mate ye i like bonnet bras , and ye thats true i do have it in clear view, so i think it be fine, the bumper just looks better without it

looks good on euro'd cars i think...

make sure you take the bra off every now and then clean underneath, i heard it gets alot of dust underneath it?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
looks good on euro'd cars i think...

make sure you take the bra off every now and then clean underneath, i heard it gets alot of dust underneath it?

It's not the dust u should be worried about, its the paint work that u should be looking out for.

The paint work needs to breath, so make sure you take it off now and then for the paint work to breath.

RB 182 Cup
looks crud like haz's car, i think you should burn that bra thing. whats up with all this breathing paint stuff? does this mean when i clean my car im going to drown the poor thing lmao

Mk2 Clio
thanks for the help with looking after it people, i decided i like it , and ye its there to stay lol
will look better when its lowered though

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
bonet bra's are a total waste of time unless you use them right from the word go on a new car, or after a respray, as at the end of the day, the chips on the paint will still be there. dont like the plate in the window either.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yours isn't exactly standard though is it Immi, lol. It's the only car I've seen which can pull it off. Every other one I've seen, well they should probably just pull it off. That is of course just my opinion. :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh it looks s**t with bra and with plate in window.

Keep it standard and spend your money on beer.

Numberplate in the window when theres a space for it on your front bumper looks stupid imo. Dont think it will wash with the po po either.

Not a fan of the bra either sorry.

Mk2 Clio
i can appricate every1s oppions but i do find on al other sites, no1 says it so blunt, i and severa other furum users spend lots time and money on there cars and it does hurt where straight away peole slate it

sorry but that had to be sad

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
i got a producer for my number plate in the windscreen. Put it on after a week or two, local police will have an eye on you if they are bored.

Cars looking good though, in 2 minds about the bra though

Mk2 Clio
ye im in 2 minds about it 2
i want to do more mods, butmods that will be cheap and easy, e.g. spraying
as i want the car to look a lot better and not sure what else i can do