ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonet Bra

bmw e92 330d '09
hi people im just about to have my bonet under-go a full re-spary because of stone chips etc etc, and i am seriously thinking about a bonnet bra... for three reasons.... they protect your bonnet, they look faf, and my mates all want me to get one ;)

im just asking if anybody knows how much they cost and where's the best place to buy one from?? i don't want one of ebay or tesco lol!

also if anybody has one on here that they would like to sell please drop me a private message....

many thanks - Jamesy :approve:

You said you were thinking about it, I'm trying to talk you out of it ;)

How about the film protection stuff?

M2 Competition
why have you posted this justin?? this doesn't help at all, just coz ur hard as and drive a lamborghini!! :rasp:

He posted it because they look shat.

No matter what your friends might say, sticking a piece of gimp looking leather to the front of a clio is not cool, its not euro, and its not going to magically solve stone chips.

bmw e92 330d '09

No matter what your friends might say, sticking a piece of gimp looking leather to the front of a clio is not cool, its not euro, and its not going to magically solve stone chips.

look mate, im not interested in your "oh i don't like them" sort of comments, ye! now if you don't like them fair enough, but don't just come on here and post crap like that ye! its not helpfull and you drive a beemer anyway... as if im going to take notice of a "bmw driving c**k" as jeremy clarkson put it very well! :rasp:

182 & Porsche 986
if you keep them on all the time will the paint not fade and leave a mark where it's been on? ive no idea just asking..

ibiza cupra
shouldnt really unless you keep it on for years, have crap paint and park in the sun all day every day.

Volvo V70R & 182 FF
You said you were thinking about it, I'm trying to talk you out of it ;)

How about the film protection stuff?

I thought about getting that for the R but it goes yellow I seen an M3 and a Maserati Quattroporte with it and it looked naf

look mate, im not interested in your "oh i don't like them" sort of comments, ye! now if you don't like them fair enough, but don't just come on here and post crap like that ye! its not helpfull and you drive a beemer anyway... as if im going to take notice of a "bmw driving c**k" as jeremy clarkson put it very well! :rasp:

You're going to get a lot of help on this site with that type of attitude :S

They look completely and utterly w*nk and a lot of them scratch the paint to f*ck anyway. Don't do it.

BMW E92/Audi S3
If your car is black and Euro, go for it. If not. Then don't.
In the end it's your car.

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v

how did you manage to come out with that? the main purpose a bra was invented was to protect it from stone chips.
They do work and imo look alot better than some peeling yellowing film that easily rips and doesnt protect your bonnet half as well.
i admit bras dont make the car look better but they are practical and serve a purpose. whether people like the look of them or not is irrelevant to this thread i think

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I've read that if moisture and/or dirt gets under the bra it will f**k the paint work up, totally defeating the purpose of having it. As mentioned, I'd be looking for a film wrap.

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
If someone made a thread asking where they can buy a gun to kill someone would you think it's irrelevant not to try talk them out of killing them?

everyones entitled to their opinions, and so is the op. he likes them and wants one, so instead of writing 'i hate them' or words to that effect, why not be helpful and answer his question? hes not asking for opinion hes asking for help.

He didn't say he wanted one. He said he was thinking about getting one. There's a difference and that's why it's not irrelevant to try talk him out of it, as he's not actually decided he wants one yet.

itb'd RB 182 cup
clio thong.JPG
i wasnt to sure on the bonnet bra so thought id go for the bumper thong!

bmw e92 330d '09
look fellers this is going the wrong way.... im "seriuosly thinking about one" yeah that means im at the till with it in my hand about to buy ye! not just a flitting thought that crossed my mind in the 2nd break of coronation street!!! im just wondering if they are good at what they do, and where people buy them from and roughly how many pennies are we talking about! i want one because im having my bonnet re-sprayed becasue of stone-chips and i am trying to think of a sensible way to try and avoid getting anymore! and i know it won't stop every single one but please don't post comment like "oh they look w*nk or they look shyte." its just not helpful and diverts away from the point and subject that this thread was started for....

look fellers this is going the wrong way.... im "seriuosly thinking about one" yeah that means im at the till with it in my hand about to buy ye! not just a flitting thought that crossed my mind in the 2nd break of coronation street!!! im just wondering if they are good at what they do, and where people buy them from and roughly how many pennies are we talking about! i want one because im having my bonnet re-sprayed becasue of stone-chips and i am trying to think of a sensible way to try and avoid getting anymore! and i know it won't stop every single one but please don't post comment like "oh they look w*nk or they look shyte." its just not helpful and diverts away from the point and subject that this thread was started for....

Don't buy one. ;)

bmw e92 330d '09
Justin you've made your views quite clear in this thread now and i think we all know you aren't a fan, so just drop it ye?! :rolleyes:

itb'd RB 182 cup
imo they look ridulous but if you like them thats your opinion and i would think they stop chips fairly well.

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
there you go 172.com, straight from the op.
in answer to your question mate, id get one from autobra. they are probably the best known and respected.

bmw e92 330d '09
LOL, it might mean that to 'tards but not the rest of the world.

ooo sour grapes...just coz ad socks proved you wrong...no go home and sulk! :rasp:

and what does im seriously thinking about one mean to you then mr. fukin steven hawkin'!!

ooo sour grapes...just coz ad socks proved you wrong...no go home and sulk! :rasp:

and what does im seriously thinking about one mean to you then mr. fukin steven hawkin'!!
How exactly did he prove me wrong? You wrote saying you were thinking about it, he said otherwise, I proved that wasn't the case, you came on and changed your story, then he posted. How is he proving me wrong? You don't do intelligence do you?

You know what, I think it's a great idea you getting one. As said go to Autobra as fast as you can. :)

bmw e92 330d '09
How exactly did he prove me wrong? You wrote saying you were thinking about it, he said otherwise, I proved that wasn't the case, you came on and changed your story, then he posted. How is he proving me wrong? You don't do intelligence do you?

You know what, I think it's a great idea you getting one. As said go to Autobra as fast as you can. :)

piss off you sarcastic little c**t :rolleyes:

bmw e92 330d '09
They look horrible.

See this thread:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=428491

They may protect your paint but they look GASH. Maybe the film as someone else said?

ye shadow that one does look rather awful tbh, no offence if it's someone's on here. my clio is black so it isn't going to stick out like sore thumb. are they all made out of that leather like stuff?? i thought you could get like a carbon fibre / plastic one??

Clio 182FF
ye shadow that one does look rather awful tbh, no offence if it's someone's on here. my clio is black so it isn't going to stick out like sore thumb. are they all made out of that leather like stuff?? i thought you could get like a carbon fibre / plastic one??

At the end of the day, it's your car so do what makes you happy but you shouldn't beat down on others when you asked for their opinion. Might not look so bad black on black.

I am not sure what they're made of or where you would get one from though??

Last edited:

Are you 12 years old?

Fair enough the bra may stop chips, but it'll just put scratches on the bonnet instead.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
why on earth people get these as mods i dont know, i have 1 just to protect the bonnet, looks ok, i dont get laughed at and it does its job autobra is the place to go ingor the bone heads, and that film doesnt got yellow :S obviously shite stuff, as weve had it on a few cars and my dad has it on his CBR too

Bra's are 65 for a bonnet n about 120 for a full front end jobby hope this helps

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Are you 12 years old?

Fair enough the bra may stop chips, but it'll just put scratches on the bonnet instead.

:nono: your wrong yet right! your wrong for the case that if used properly and stored properly you dont get any problems, your right in saying it causes scratches but only if you dont follow strict instructions provied, so you put it on a dirty car, you leave it on for weeks let it get wet without removing it, dont clean it. all very simple things to rememeber