ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
New map sensor is too good :( it runs like a sticky turd as it's setup for the crappy Chinese map sensor and the marelli one is too precise. This is a blessing in disguise, B-spec garage build is going back to TDF in the next few weeks (potentially this Saturday) for some map fettling.

I'm yet to actually ask Matt if this extra bit can be done, but I'd like to up the power by getting the right 0.5bar out of the setup. The restrictor is at 32mm and should be 35mm, i can machine it this week. Whilst that's out, I'll also move the restrictor after the sc to see if makes things smoother

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
It won't work after the sc mate, well not in the same way, your restricting sucked air at the mo, it won't work the same way trying to restrict presurised air

Qashcow
Hi ho hi ho, it's back to TDF we go. On Saturday anyway, back on the rollers in the afternoon for a final map.

Have had the restrictor machined out even bigger for more POWAHHHH. Also bought some new jubilee clips so Matt doesnt slaughter me for not sorting proper ones

Should see 255+bhp, for a bit at least :p

3468a809.gif

Qashcow
Holy s**t Dave! That must be mental now, did u get the sensor sorted too?

Yep its rather fecking fast, and new marelli sensor :)

sweet Jesus....

You'll be back to Gloucester in 17 minutes with that poooowah ;)

3 hours, i went the long way home ;)

Boooooost, good times ladies

its addictive, like coke, but cheaper

That should keep you happy for a while!!!

Yes, well untill i forge the bottom end lol

LOL!!! Slight difference there then.....

I call shotgun at Combe ;)

Yes, HOOOOOGE difference, and yes you may ride me like SeaBiscuit at Coombe

Lol all from a dodgy sensor and enlarging the restrictor??? Awesome :)

Yes, in short :p 2mm made an extra 30bhp extra!!!

Powaaaaaaaaah!

LOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADS OF ITTTT hahah

Were have you moved the restrictor to, and how much more boost is it running now.

Looking good those figers;).

aye, i was chuffed with the figures!! ive not moved the restrictor as Paul is hiding the secret from me lol, have been told where it should go but im not willing to try fit it there, just isnt going to fit on mine.

im not fussed, its fine when moving and isnt a daily at all and the jerking/bouncing has gotten better since the mapping today. Its running 0.7bar, i was only aiming for 0.5. will see how long it lasts for then rebuild it :)

really happy with the outcome of today. the car was running like a bag of crap on the 3 hour journey there, 55mph following the lorries is soooo boring!! Was running near perfectly after about 20 seconds plugged in the laptop at Matt's.

good ending to a good day, super happy

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,
Good work buddy, good results! Are you poping down to Ajec tomorrow for the RR day? Hope to see you there .

Qashcow
Yep ill be there Paul, will be interesting to check a few bits out on yours too, nearly stopped in at your work on thursday but was a bit busy

ph1-172
great result, loving the update thread title change aswel, or has it always had reliable in it?

was gonna pop along to llandow the other week, good luck for the next track day hope it lasts longer

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
well done cracking result :)

is that the biggest bhp output on here from a 172/182 then??

Jerkiness was mainly down to bombers cheap chinese map sensor moving in 100mbar chunks rather than progressively sweeping up/down with manifold pressure. DON'T BUY CHINESE SENSORS ON EBAY CHAPS!!! ;)