ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bolt holding down rear seats - snapped!

Clio DCi
I have a problem!

The problem being that the bolt that holds down the rear seats has snapped! When i say snapped, i really mean i hacksawed it off! Reason being, i attempted to to change the back seats over in the dark! Therefor i didn't realise i was rounding off the 'hole' when i was using the star drive to try and get it out.

So the next day i decided to cut the top of the bolt off! Me thinking it would be easier to get the bolt out this way. I don't know what i was thinking though! Because it's made it impossible (for me) to get out!

Does anyone know how i can get the bolt out? Would Renault do it for me? Is it possible to drill it out by a professional? I been to one garage and they said they wouldn't do it as it was so close to the fuel tank!

Cheers for any help anyone may have.

Clio 2.0 172
Tell them to stop being gay and get a drill bit in it! Lol. The hole won't be threaded so either drill it out or it might even punch out with a dab and hammer

PH1 172
After taking my back seats out and knowing how tight they are in the floor there is no way you can punch these out. Also these bolts are threaded so you don't really want to fook up the hole. Spray WD40 at the bottom of the bolt and if you can't get under the car do the same on that side of the bolt. Leave it to work it's magic and hopefully loosen the crap around it and then try un-doing it with a pair of grips....the ones where you lock them in place and then try to get it out.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
^ I'll second that Terry, if it's the one i'm thinking of the end of the thread ends up outside the car that's why it becomes so hard to remove.

WD40. soak it them vice grips round about it.