ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bodywork Repair

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
Does anybody have a rough idea how much this would be to repair?

jabynynu.jpg

My wife did while at the supermarket, this is the car she hit. Don't really wanna take it through insurance.

Are smart repairs no good then? Had a rough estimate of £150, buts that's just from description.

Looks like that bumper corner is seperate to the rest of the back end. If it is the place I work would be less than £100 to sort it, I'm in Scotland though. That's without sorting any damage to the black plastic and without any blending, which it shouldn't need anyway.

abe5ymum.jpg

As far as I can tell it is a seperate panel, it's a 2014 Peugeot 2008.

It's a mobility car, the fella said he could take it through his own insurance and it wouldn't cost them a penny.

Until his wife piped up and said it's gotta go back to the mobility company who will get it repaired through a main dealer.

Does he mean sort it through his own insurance or get his insurance to claim it from you?

Either way his wife is talking nonsense, it could quite easily be claimed and fixed through insurance without the motability company ever knowing it had happened.

He meant he could claim from his own insurance without costing him.

His wife is adamant she has to tell the mobility company, and if she don't report the damage to them they will take the car from them.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
cash on the side I would say most bodyshops will be between £175 & £250 for £ notes.

S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£500-600 roughly for someone to paint rear bumper and blow it into rear quarters iirc

Unless you go for a cheap nasty smart repair

Why would anyone blow into the rear quarters?? It's a separate panel, it's not old paint, it's a base colour....

Absolutely no need at all to paint anything other than that little 12 inch by 12 inch panel.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Speak to @Rich,

A decent smart repairer will be able to sort that for under £100.

yes agreed a corner like that can be cheap- however most mobile jobs looks like they have been sprayed on a beach with all the crap that ends up on the paint, however a quick mop etc & it would be reet.

Depends how fussy owner is!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You need to find a better smart repairer then! lol

My bloke will paint the whole side of a car if you ask him to.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yep. I'll take a picture of a Golf GTI he did yesterday. (He shares the same unit as me)

Obviously he's not as good as a proper bodyshop but i'm willing to bet most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Just give him £100 and tell him to tell the mobility company he came back to the car like that and has no idea who done it.

Won't cost him anything and he's scored £100 and it's only cost you £100

Renault Clio 1.2
abe5ymum.jpg

As far as I can tell it is a seperate panel, it's a 2014 Peugeot 2008.

It's a mobility car, the fella said he could take it through his own insurance and it wouldn't cost them a penny.

Until his wife piped up and said it's gotta go back to the mobility company who will get it repaired through a main dealer.

I use to work for a main dealer in Romford and when motablilty cars are at the end of their three year lease they usually come back battered. They only thing that motability can do is not pay them a potential £100 congratulations for not f**king the car up. Either way this will get repaired by a third party repairer because Peugeot DONT actually own any body shops anymore. I noticed that your location is in London. There are many mobile smart repair vans around. Give them a shout pal.

Thanks for all the replies, I did contact one yesterday and he said a ballpark figure of £150. I phone the fella yesterday but only spoke to the wife, waiting for him to call me back, they said they won't do anything until he speaks to me. Are there any recommendations for a smart repairer in the London/Kent area?

Do you have a contact number for him mate?

I know a guy in South Croydon who could do that for no more than £150 I think. He repaired my Clio after it was rear ended for £950. All cash though obviously.

He also quoted £150 cash for a a spray repair to my BMW bumper after someone scuffed the rear corner of it.

He meant he could claim from his own insurance without costing him.

His wife is adamant she has to tell the mobility company, and if she don't report the damage to them they will take the car from them.

She's slavering. How are they ever going to know if it's fixed before it goes back?

Seriously £100 would more than cover it.

That's what I said to the fella, had spent all morning trying to sort it out for him, he's emailed saying they are going through the insurance.

A smart repair, is exactly what you / they don't want, you want someone in control conditions to give it the time it needs to be spot on once again. Its a new car , your at fault, repair it properly or go through insurance.

A little update on this. It is going through the insurance, as my NCB weren't protected my insurance company are deducted 5years NCB! And the fella has run up a £2000 hire car bill.

Mec 350 slk manual
A little update on this. It is going through the insurance, as my NCB weren't protected my insurance company are deducted 5years NCB! And the fella has run up a £2000 hire car bill.
What's he driving around in a RR £2000 hire car bill ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Flol! That's brilliant. It could have been dealt with much better.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
someone hit my white clio GT in my works carpark and drove off and the corner of the front bumper was much the same as that, cost me £80 to have sorted at my local bodyshop

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

:( I had a bump with someone at -1mph and it caused a slight black mark the size of a 2p... said to call me and I'll hand over cash no problem. Then I got a letter through the post and lost 5 years NCB too, f**king b*****ds. It was s**t as well because I know it's always the persons fault that's behind, but she started pulling out then suddenly changed her mind and braked and my car didn't have enough time to slow down to a complete halt. On the plus side, losing all that NCB only put my insurance up £20 lol.

I'm hoping mine don't go up to much either, the woman from the insurance told me that even if I had 30 years no claims, it would still have been reduced to 3 years. Rediculous imo. Lesson learnt, I will be protecting them from now on.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've had this discussion before dude, it's all a con... I've been driving for 11 years and have never protected my NCB. I guess it costs somewhere between £50-100 to do so, so lets call it £75.

£75 x 11 years = £825 I've saved, compared with the £20 increase I got.

I'll definitely not be protecting mine!