ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

body kit or not?

Clio 182 Cup
ive got a mk2, ph2 1.6 clio i was either going to do a 172 replica or put a body kit on but not nothing to extreme but its proving way to hard to get all the bits needed so i was thinking about getting a light bodykit?

has anyone else put an aftermarket bodykit on if so can i have a look :D

lol rollo

if you get a kit, leave cs and join barry boys. do not spoil the best colour around.

my "kit" because i am ***** ;)

IMG_0378-1.gif

IMG_4391.gif

IMG_4374.gif

jamie

Clio 172
dont body kit it! do someting suble or different from the crowd or even better save the money for a 172/182 and mod the engine:)

Never above 25mpg
That looks terrible.

Do what you want imo but anything other than a 172 kit will be a loss as you could still sell the kit on after you're finished with the car and get the same money, won't happen with an aftermarket kit.

Clio 182 Cup
dont body kit it! do someting suble or different from the crowd or even better save the money for a 172/182 and mod the engine:)

want to do something difrent so mine doesent look like the 75 yr old ladys 1.1 that lives down the road from me......

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
hutchie, you always post the photoshopped pics of your car lol

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
body kits are naughty mods like, dont even think about it, its 2009 not 2003, max power days are long over wer body kits looked cool
dont wate ur money mate

alien green rs133
hutchie, you always post the photoshopped pics of your car lol

first two were shops and they just lowered, last pic is not modded

and should of painted washer covers

painted handles going on so aid can feck off :rasp:

Well, after seeing the 2 bodykits suggested in this thread, I stick by my original statement. Bodykits are sh*t.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Financially, you'll lose out by getting an aftermarket kit, will have to sell it on seperately IMO and won't get much for it.

Looks wise, it wont look as good as a rep kit to the masses. Some will like, most wont. The beauty of the 1*2 is that they have a bit of subtlety about them. Its not in your face and blaring for attention IMO.

But at the end of the day, its your car so make it how you like it. Just don't expect to get your money back and if you leave it modded with an aftermarket kit, it'll be difficult to sell on so best keep your original bumpers to put it back to standard to sell.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
013.jpg

my 1.2 beast!

if you're gonna spend money on a kit, IMO a 172 kit is the only option!

buttt its up to you at the end of the day!

BG 182 FF
colour code your front bumper strip and side strips, 172 rear bumper, cup spoiler and slam it and a rs grill, would be better money spent than spending it on a bodykit imo