ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW M3 CSL Wrapping

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Now this certainly won't be to everyone's tastes, especially with the canvas being a genuine CSL. However, there's no denying the wrap is top quality - it actually looks like a metallic flaked paint :cool:

http://pwpro.co.uk/portfolio/bmw-m3-csl-2#.VFen7IqQGnM

116.jpg

216.jpg

54.jpg

74.jpg

94.jpg

117.jpg

144.jpg

164.jpg

174.jpg

204.jpg

224.jpg

244.jpg

254.jpg

264.jpg

283.jpg

302.jpg

315.jpg

Looks smart, and now I realise those dent-like lines at the front of the wheel arches are meant to be there (and follow the rest of the body). Viewed an M3 on pistonheads yesterday I think, and just assumed it was some sort of damage LOL!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That looks really really good. But, as you say, its a CSL!

Indeed. If you click on the link, Paul has also done a few GTR's too. I think one started black and the customer wanted white. I mean, hardly a radical choice. It did look bloody good by the end though.

112.jpg

232-870x490.jpg

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
He's done a fantastic job no doubt, but it was already the best colour for them imo and as mentioned a proper CSL to boot

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Well if you wrap to protect the paint for longevity and also get a chance to change the colour why not. Looks great.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Guy on Cutters had his GTR wrapped 2 years ago. He's covered approximately 15k miles in that time and done 5 odd airfield days, 2 trips to the Nurburgring, the Alpine run and he's had the bumpers on and off at least 15+ times for cleans/servicing, changing bits etc. Still looks grand:

1016471_10152086285761716_1260777160_n.jpg

clio 182 trophy
I like it personally. The original csl colour is my favourite but still looks superb. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Listerine & Poledo
That's not bad at all.
I feared my eyes would be burnt by "carbern fibur" or "matt iffect".

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That's a very good job he's done there.
I also think its a great way to protect the original paint.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I appreciate that it's an immense skill to have and the quality of work looks awesome. But wraps just look like a Bad paint job. I certainly wouldn't have one. (Unless it was a promotional vehicle in a Lairy colour)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I appreciate that it's an immense skill to have and the quality of work looks awesome. But wraps just look like a Bad paint job. I certainly wouldn't have one. (Unless it was a promotional vehicle in a Lairy colour)

Bingo! People never realise that close up these gloss wraps look so bad for orange peel. Matte wraps work, glossy ones do not, maybe barring white and pearl white.

It's not a bad idea and I like the colour but close up his CSL now looks pants.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
e694377da9ed3fa5911fbf31211d6384.jpg

Rough idea of what it can look like. Granted it's clear wrap but the 3m film is the same hi-tech stuff. I deal with the material weekly.

Listerine & Poledo
Most people who are going to wrap their car really dont care anywhere near as much as you do, Gally.

EDIT: Most people with paint on their car dont care as much as you do, Gally :wink:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Most people who are going to wrap their car really dont care anywhere near as much as you do, Gally.
The guys owns a CSL, my guess is he cares about it and how it looks close up.

Listerine & Poledo
The guys owns a CSL, my guess is he cares about it and how it looks close up.
Not nesseccarily. Since when has money had any bearing on taste (get yourself over to the UAE for perfect examples)
Besides, he might think it looks good. In the same way that some people think slamming their Eunos' and fitting a Boeing tailplane to the bootlid looks "sik"

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I think the colour is amazing.

I think the skill there is amazing.

I think the orange peel is damn f**king shocking. Worse than my fiesta and that's saying something.

I know naff all about wraps but I'm sure I've heard somewhere that you can wet sand the wrap and bring it back up with about 12 microns to work with. That should deal with the orange peel id imagine.

@gally what do you think?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bingo! People never realise that close up these gloss wraps look so bad for orange peel. Matte wraps work, glossy ones do not, maybe barring white and pearl white.

It's not a bad idea and I like the colour but close up his CSL now looks pants.
In scutch's pics, the pic of the drivers door, the light reflection is badly distorted.

That over the whole car would drive me insane and I'd pull it off after a day.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think the colour is amazing.

I think the skill there is amazing.

I think the orange peel is damn f**king shocking. Worse than my fiesta and that's saying something.

I know naff all about wraps but I'm sure I've heard somewhere that you can wet sand the wrap and bring it back up with about 12 microns to work with. That should deal with the orange peel id imagine.

@gally what do you think?

We have sanded and polished a wrap before for light paint transfer, the re-wrap would have costs hundreds. The time involved is insane as is the risk, ie you're cheaper to respray the car.

Wraps only really work when they're Matt for me too. Guy has paid a lot of money to ruin a CSL with what just ends up looking like a poorly finished paint job. IMO.

Listerine & Poledo
Dude, you drive a bile green ford, you are in no position to start giving people grief about the colour of their car ;)

(by similar thinking, neither can I)

Reactions: JCC
Dude, you drive a bile green ford, you are in no position to start giving people grief about the colour of their car ;)

(by similar thinking, neither can I)

I like the colour, just not the finish! Wouldn't have that colour over the original mind.

I don't have an issue with the colour, or wrapping it. And it's likely to protect the paint underneath so can only be a thing.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
looked at this on my phone earlier and I must say the blue looks better when viewed on my laptop....I wouldn't say it looks better than a silver grey CSL - just different. A CSL in disguise you could say (apart from the obvious bits).

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
There was plenty of wrapped high end cars parked in the anfield car park last Tuesday night when I walked through...footballers eh.