ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW F21 125d M Sport

An orange one
Mum and Dad had a 123d for 2 years, thing never broke 40mpg even on a long run. It even went into BMW after they kept complaining about the MPG, A quick read of the forums suggests late 30's is normal.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I had my GTD remapped to around 200Bhp & 350 Lb/Ft so that made that alot better but the tyres struggled with the extra power. This has the same torque but more bhp (218) and being RWD naturally has better traction. The biggest difference is however the gearbox, GTD was manual where as this is the ZF Sports Auto. It changes gear so fast its obscene! Depending on what driving mode you are in its either super smooth or changes with a bit of a kick. The figures to 60 are 6.3 i think with the auto so its no slouch. I had my GTD for 23 months and put 30k miles on it and it served as a good car with only a couple of minor issues but I was ready for a change, the BMW is definitely built better using higher quality materials and as such there is less road noise, that said, i think the engine is a little louder (maybe a stupid sound generator?) and more noticeable when you haven't got the music on. Its my first car with stop/start which is bit eery when it all goes quiet but it can be disabled altogether and is only active in a few modes anyway. I'm still very much learning about all its features.

It's sounds like a very good all rounder then. Having no experience of BMW autos I don't know how they compare to the VW DSG but going from my GTD which was manual to the DSG R was a huge change so I know what you're saying! A bit chalk and cheese between my two golfs though for obvious reasons.

I'm seriously considering pushing the missus towards one of these. She's going to test drive a Juke RS on Saturday (she thinks they look nice and wants something bigger) but the BM wouldn't be out of budget and no doubt a better piece of kit!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Lovely car, not that I'm biased :smile: Very high specced too for a 1 series so very rare!

Well done on finding one with the newer steering wheel, the old one is massive and is in the way of the trip computer, very bad design flaw imo.

I picked up my 120D X-Drive a few months back, 5 door in Alpine White with the Red Leather, it's got so much grip - the X-Drive system is fantastic. I really wanted to find a 120D with the Pro Nav however they are pretty rare 😧

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Remaps on these are silly good - Evolve as above are quality, and Wayne @ Chip Wizards (Rochdale) is fast becoming one of the best mappers in the country.