ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW Cooling System Problem

BMW 323i Coupe
The highlighted red part has broken. I had the car MOT'd Saturday and when they did the emissions test, they had problems with it. They let it cool down, and refilled it.

Since then it was fine. But since picking it up after dropping the car back in today, it's been spitting/overheating.

The only garage open was KwikFit so I went there and they spotted this as broken. One of the guys there has replaced it with a bolt to keep it a bit more air tight for now but said to get it fixed asap.

What do I need to do?

50435041.jpg

What dya mean it was broken?? If it was not sealing properley thatll cause your problem as the cooling system wont be pressurised (sp) Therefore it will boil over, throw the coolant out.

Also seen a few BMW's (cant remember which specific engine) have problems with airlocks.

New Bleed screw, fresh coolant and bleed through properley then see how it goes.

BMW 323i Coupe
Cheers mate. Is it a simple case of buying a new one, bleed the system and fitting it in the process and alls ok?

BMW 323i Coupe
What dya mean it was broken?? If it was not sealing properley thatll cause your problem as the cooling system wont be pressurised (sp) Therefore it will boil over, throw the coolant out.

Also seen a few BMW's (cant remember which specific engine) have problems with airlocks.

New Bleed screw, fresh coolant and bleed through properley then see how it goes.

Cheers.

Thats what is happening at the moment, but I'll have to wait until the morning, go to BMW for the bleed screw and take it to my local mechanic.

As much as I'd love to save money and give it a go myself, I'm useless with these things.