ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW Car Track Day Photos

Turbos.
Great day today, nice to get the car back on circuit after my last shunt! When i arrived there were a few too many chavs around for my liking, but everyone i spoke to was actually really nice. Only problem for me was the disappointing brakes again.

I got a few snaps in between swapping over with my dad, here they are...

P1050433.gif

P1050436.gif

P1050437.gif

P1050438.gif

P1050440.gif

P1050442.jpg

P1050443.jpg

P1050445.jpg

P1050446.jpg

P1050449.jpg

P1050450.jpg

P1050454.jpg

[IMGhttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/P1050460.jpg[/img]

P1050461.jpg

P1050478.jpg

P1050479.gif

P1050486.gif

P1050492.jpg

P1050496.jpg

P1050504.gif

P1050506.jpg

P1050510.jpg

P1050516.gif

P1050519.jpg

P1050520.jpg

P1050523-1.gif

P1050525-1.gif

P1050530-1.gif

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Sorry, fixed those!

It does have APs, but the pads are leaving deposits on the discs, so have huge amount of vibration under braking. Need some better pads...

Turbos.
Yep, was cool as feck!

The E30 Cab was suprisingly quick, quicker than all the Coupes. Not sure what was done to it but sounded good.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looks like you had a great day.

Second picture up is a good one, with two CSL's. :)

172, Tiguan
Saw a white, red and blue CSL pulled over on the M25 about 4 ish yesterday afternoon and knew where it came from. I bought some GT wings off a guy there. If my memory wasn't comparable to a siv, i'd have come along.

Turbos.
Yeah there was both an M3 and CSL in the WTCC style wraps. Another CSL hit the wall at paddock, mullered the whole side of the car!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Alot of money kicking about there, I'd be too scared to take my M3 on a Track (That being if I could ever afford an M3)

Turbos.
Nothing touches me, so hard to say ;) Standard vs Standard they feel like different cars, but whack on some APs and KWs on an M3 and there would be no difference.

If you ever want to meet up to compare i'd be up for it.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Would love too Rob, my M3 sits doing nothing all week as I drive a 800 mile to a tank van, so have an excuse to give it some beans at the weekends. You near me then?

not sure if ive asked you before your old man doesnt own a company called Global does he?

Turbos.
Yeah, in theory open pitlane is great but there was queues aplenty there. When there is a red flag its a nightmare!

Aaron, i have mates near Brighton so am often round your parts i presume, so just drop me a line i am normally free Saturday mornings.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I love the purposeful single vent on the front :approve:

Disappointed in the lack so far of any crossed up smokey slidy pics though.

Come on Fenster, Fred managed it in a V FFS ;) Tower at Bedford's supposed to be quite good for it.

Turbos.
They're very strict on drifting now Mark, i was black flagged at Bedford doing it. Can get away with it at Clearways at Brands but then i can't drive and take photos i'm afraid! :rasp:

172, Tiguan
You're not even allowed to use the green strip on the outside of Paddock on some days there. Another reason why Brands is LAME.

Friends in Brighton eh! ;)

Turbos.
PMSL!

What was annoying was they put cones on a lot of the kerbs that i would normally go straight across. Its not normally that bad there, i think it was because there were a lot of novices there, which is why i was surprised you weren't there Jonathon...

172, Tiguan
PMSL!

What was annoying was they put cones on a lot of the kerbs that i would normally go straight across. Its not normally that bad there, i think it was because there were a lot of novices there, which is why i was surprised you weren't there Jonathon...

I was going to, but then got a bit scared I might not remember where all the corners go!

BTW, try the Chinese cafe place on Preston Street - it rocks.

Lionel Richie
They're very strict on drifting now Mark, i was black flagged at Bedford doing it. Can get away with it at Clearways at Brands but then i can't drive and take photos i'm afraid! :rasp:

we got black flagged for "excessive screeching of the tyres" at brands!! sod the fact it was 105db!

Turbos.
Estimates are closer to £15k incl. labour... the bumper is £3.5k alone, and takes about 4 months if there aren't any in the UK!