ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 535d

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
How do! Going great actually, had both thermostats replaced about 2 weeks ago, not checked the temps myself yet, but my mate who fit them checked it on his snap on device, it was upto 92 degrees on a quick run, I’ll have a nosey myself, but safe to say it’s sorted, mpg’s Still s**t lol. Might have crept up a little.

Bar that, no issues at all, loving the luxury’s especially now the weathers getting worse, and no problems with the gearbox either ( fingers crossed )

Mapping next year.

Looks a nice example that, no doubt going off your other cars it is! 130k’s nothing looking on ebay, is it a winter run about? a mates on 187k mapped and driven hard, no problems.

Must cost you a fortune laying down extra tarmac each week to accommodate your new cars 👍

Got two diesels arriving this week this is one of them. I loved my old 535D and this was sooooo cheap i really couldn’t not buy it. I’ll provably do the swirl flap removal and put the inline thermostat in place over the next week.

535d / t5 caravelle
They are bloody cheap, makes me think I should have got a cheaper one with more miles on. Great cars.

535d / t5 caravelle
Just clocked 100k, running sweet, will be getting a service soon, been rocking my winter wheels for a while now, looks s**t!

My mate's refurbing my other wheels, sent a couple of pics, looking forwards to getting them back on.

0a0014e911f87f4d6685ec8e2869ce0e.jpg
e03cd79090a25bb2d2a97b54472223b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

535d / t5 caravelle
Went in for the battery recall yesterday, service in the next couple of weeks, need to get a couple of rear tyres before the refurbed wheels go back on, going mid range, kumho/Hankook........ need to do a bit of research.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just clocked 100k, running sweet, will be getting a service soon, been rocking my winter wheels for a while now, looks s**t!

My mate's refurbing my other wheels, sent a couple of pics, looking forwards to getting them back on.

View attachment 1454698View attachment 1454699

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Best wheels ever on a 5 series 👍

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I highly recommend you DO NOT put Kumho PS91s on the back.

I gave them a try and they're now on the wear markers after just over 4,000 miles, run since November so not exactly warm and dry, and they have zero grip in anything other than perfectly dry conditions. Go figure!

I've got 4x Michelin PS4 going on this weekend. They may seem the more expensive tyre to buy, but the reality is they will cost half as much as the Kumhos, probably even less.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member

I gave them a try and they're now on the wear markers after just over 4,000 miles, run since November so not exactly warm and dry, and they have zero grip in anything other than perfectly dry conditions. Go figure!

I've got 4x Michelin PS4 going on this weekend. They may seem the more expensive tyre to buy, but the reality is they will cost half as much as the Kumhos, probably even less.

Pilot sports have never let me down in any weather condition. Always my go to tyre!

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. The only compromise I've found is ths super soft bendy sidewalls...and the only time that becomes an issues is hard on the brakes on track.

Otherwise, I can't fault them.

Will say though and this is subjective. I only got 6k out of my set. But well worth the money. They're a soft compound so the grip is incredible.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
How you getting on with this @bill ?

This lockdown has got me looking at a replacement daily and it's currently a toss up between a 325/330d and 525/530d. It was only the other day that the majority of them don't have paddles for the gearbox. How is it with it in auto for day to day stuff?

535d / t5 caravelle

How you getting on with this @bill ?

This lockdown has got me looking at a replacement daily and it's currently a toss up between a 325/330d and 525/530d. It was only the other day that the majority of them don't have paddles for the gearbox. How is it with it in auto for day to day stuff?
Any updates ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry chaps, not been on here for ages, tyre wise I went for federal evoluzion st-1’s, i don’t really need anything super these days, so far they seem decent, plenty of grip, not actually had them on long, I’ve been rocking my winters all summer 😂, not clocked up much milage with lock down etc....

these tyres seem huge, they must have a bigger profile than my previous ones, as the rear arches are now catching, they look massive from behind, booked it in next Wednesday to have the arches rolled, then might go another 5mm wider on the spacers, and try these on the fronts.

leeds did you get anything in the end? ive had no bother with the bm, it’s been great, no paddles in this one, I love it, stick it in d and leave it, i don’t think I’d bother with the paddles even if I had them tbh, so easy in this thing! recommend one of these or similar all day long.

535d / t5 caravelle
Got the rear arches rolled and slightly flared apparently, I can't tell there flared, I've gained a good 10mm clearance so they said, done a great job, tyres are not catching anymore, had some decent cars in, Meganes, a few clio's, one turbo'd, would definitely use again.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Owned 535d M Sport Touring for about 6 weeks. Car's done about 155k love the car but in the garage already. Seems to be losing coolant and steam coming from turbo area. Awaiting diagnostic to confirm. I love the car has a 330i m sport few tears ago and to be honest I'll probably sell this and look for a 530i touring

Attachments

• DSC_1424.JPG
    DSC_1424.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 72
  535d / t5 caravelle
Owned 535d M Sport Touring for about 6 weeks. Car's done about 155k love the car but in the garage already. Seems to be losing coolant and steam coming from turbo area. Awaiting diagnostic to confirm. I love the car has a 330i m sport few tears ago and to be honest I'll probably sell this and look for a 530i touring

Shame that mate, I like the touring model, mate has a 530d, there decent on fuel and still shift, think he got 750 miles out of a tank once, motorway driving like miss daisey mind, best I've seen is just over 500.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Shame that mate, I like the touring model, mate has a 530d, there decent on fuel and still shift, think he got 750 miles out of a tank once, motorway driving like miss daisey mind, best I've seen is just over 500.

Yeah always had s soft spot for them really wanted a petrol as I'm not a huge diesel fan. Don't think the way off on fuel economy on these covers the extra complication of a diesel engine. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 530i prob go with se rather than m sport as I'll be towing other cars with it and the m does sit quite low

535d / t5 caravelle
Yeah always had s soft spot for them really wanted a petrol as I'm not a huge diesel fan. Don't think the way off on fuel economy on these covers the extra complication of a diesel engine. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 530i prob go with se rather than m sport as I'll be towing other cars with it and the m does sit quite low

get a 550I, no point messing about 😂, the m sports do sit low from factory, got to be careful when parking with the high kerbs!

535d / t5 caravelle
Ordered some 20mm spacers for the rear, the 15's can go up front.

535d / t5 caravelle
Well that didn't go to plan, the rear wheels caught on the arches again, and the spacers up front looked to big, so back to how it was, bought some coilovers for it, I want it lower.