ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bmw 328i sport pics,Im new!!!

Titanium 182 FF
I agree with subway, theres some proper retards on here that take things way too seriously!

a 328 and a 172 are good cars in there own rights, as for this m3 argument the 328 is cheaper to run and insure i should imagine.

bmw E36 328i sport
Look! No offence was intended to anyone,Its all a bit out of hand i just have had some negative comments for no need by certain people that wasnt called for,
I love the little french motors and share a passion for cars.
here i am sayin sorry for any misunderstanding!:dapprove:

bmw E36 328i sport
The reason i didnt go for an M3 is for the pur fact that i cant afford to insure one,i was quoted £2700 and its ridiculous,The 328i psort is a more comfotable ride and has a total different power delivery,very torquey,The M3s power is all at high revs and i dont always like to knock the b****cks out of my car.
Dont get me wrong i love the M3 but its a totally different car,If i ever do get an M3 it will be the E46 shape Or an e30 even,a true classic,
Not sure of true 0-60 time but its now pushing around 226bhp,standard its only 193bhp,torque figure is now around 218bhp,what with the suspension setup it is now a dream to drive.Just gotta wait till july now when C.A automotive finally get together a complete supercharger kit for me then it definently will be seeing of M3s,Well atleast the non evo ones lol.
Hope that clears up a few things.;)

bmw E36 328i sport
just watched that video,must say very impressive although the bloke in the M3 obviously aint got a clue about the racing line or how to drive lol.
With 321bhp he should have left the clio with ease!
Although i have an understanding that clios have great handling;)

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Looks good :)

I had a z3 before a bus went in the side and wrote it off :( I to was looking at the ca automotive supercharger but it is seriously over priced. I actually found the people who supply the superchargers to ca automotive, they are in america and can import for half the price, ill pm the address when I find it again :eek:

bmw E36 328i sport
Nice one ajketley!
been speaking to a fella there and hes so helpfull,
The one that im going to be aquiring was actually made for an E46 but its been recomended to me to get the most out of my engine,Just needs mods carried out on it to allow it to be compatable for my M52 engine,;)

BMW 328 Ci
Lovely car mate, I used to have one just like that, unfortunatly I had an automatic which never really suited me, and I ended up spinning it after some unwanted mid corner kick down in the wet, it hit a bank at about 30 and rolled, woops, you cant take any liberties with them, they bite. Still miss it very much, for an aging car sitting in them is still lovely and I would still take it any day of the week over a most brand new hatches. 197nhp is the figure they give, but rolling roads suggest more like 210ish as the 197 was just to fit in with tax laws, and thats with a restricted manifold. Quick enough for most http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBLv6JOeYDs&mode=related&search=

532462370a533859695b765438365l.jpg

532462370a533920873b785542742l.jpg

532462370a534060520b35567182l.jpg

Last edited:
  bmw E36 328i sport
Nice one mack!;)
Your ex motor looks lovely ,identical to mine but i was lucky enough to get A sunroof too,Not very common when you get climate also,
You cant beat avus blue.
Yea i found out quite early how restricted to 2.8 lump was.
So thats why i got hold of the bigger throttle body and manifold,
And once that was fitted...well.....What a bloody difference and then the remap....all hell let loose.
They are real sleepers and suprise so many other cars.
Yours looked a lovely example ;)

BMW 328 Ci
Unfortunantly mine hasnt got LSD as it has stability control/traction,The earlyer ones did though but i prefer having the traction control to be honest,The back loves to come out on her with ease anyway!;)

I was under the impression all 328i Sports had LSD, Traction control doesnt have anything to do with it, unless yours isnt a true 328i Sport (a lot got retro fitted with all the stuff), but it all looks right on yours equipment wise.

I was a bit out on my BHPs above, 193 standard and can push 200+ stock.

bmw E36 328i sport
nah,It is a full on sport,im a long member on e36coupe.com,check out the threads on LSD,If you have traction you dont get LSD,
LSD is a real bonus and is sort after by loads,my log book even has sport written on it,I can tell ya im a true sport fanatic and know them like the back of my hand.
But check out e36coupe.com mack,im sure youl find it interesting :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quality.....loving that YEEHESSS right at the end as the beemer pulls over.
Just goes to show what a decent driver can do.

Yes and now can we have a decent driver in the M3.
At about 1 min 20 they pull onto a straight and the M3 just pulls away.
I am doubting very much that a cup would be close to an M3 using good drivers.
Evo quotes Bedford times for m3 as 1.29
The clio trophy does it in 1.33.75.

So thats 4.5 secs a lap on a 1.8 mile track

ian

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks alright that. I thought all M3's dont make advertised power so i'm supprised 328's make more. thats good going..

Rwd is for men...lol

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
surely supercharging your car will bring your car higher in insurance than an m3?

It will certainly double the cars current value, £2800 for a blower ! and its still slower than an M3, which has a LSD, better engine, (6 speed) gearbox, springs, dampers, steering, chassis, seats and better resale value as an unmolested, proper, pedigree performance car.

Not sure of true 0-60 time but its now pushing around 226bhp

The performance calc will give you an idea of speed, but if its really 226bhp then it will be around this,

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 226
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1415
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 162.28
0 - 60 (Secs) : 6.57
0 - 100 (Secs) : 17.17
60 - 100 (Secs) : 10.61

Enjoy, but I can't quite understand why a NON-CLIO owner would start posting in a CLIO FORUM?, welcome anyway :)

Simon

Last edited:
  bmw E36 328i sport
Im here cos my little bro has a lovely example of a williams,
I stumbled on this site and it bought back some good memories and it just happened that people got on the topic of my car,
O but one thing..The M3 engine is not a better one,just more powerful but not to everyones taste as the torque is all the way up near 7000rpm!!
Plus they suffer from the VANOS unit going at about 70000miles and then your looking at a hefty bill!;)

bmw E36 328i sport
For those interested and involved in this little debate about how much power a 328i have and an M3 heres a little dyno read out of an M3 owner,Now you might see how my car shocks some M3 owners and other cars of the same caliber but less powerfull,
They are obviously feirce motors but like i said,why should i pay M3 running costs when mine can easily run with many.

BHP figure.

Dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

dyno3.jpg

Lol, that's what I thought - I think his is the bottom one, 274.4 v's 243.6 (but at only half the rpm:S )

As we all know, rr graphs & fly wheels figures don't mean s**t any way.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The bottom one is the m3 torque graph. But it shows it had 243ft/lbs at 3.5k ish revs. So i dont know what he's on about with the m3's torque all being high in the rev range?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If its true,its still going to be a capable car,and its cost him a lot less.

Bargain if you ask me,

ian