ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue iMessage to Green Text - why?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, when texting people with iPhones, it obviously uses the Blue iMessage option when possible. But every now and then when Im texting someone, the odd message will send as green. As a result, Im always told they rarely recieve the reply, even if it it says "sent as text message at the bottom".

What is the reason for it suddenly going green? lack of Wifi/3G theyre end?

I'd rather it not send at all and say failed than go as a green text that seems to never work?

Can I turn this off?

Thanks

Similar problem with my iPhone too. The opposite actually. I don't receive iMessages unless I am connected to mobile internet or wifi. So when I get back home I get about 3 iMessages come altogether from hours ago.

Is this a problem with my phone or the sender's?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
turned it off now, Id rather know its failed then send as a green.

If all my mates could just have iPhones the world would be so much better!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Why don't you want it sending as a text if it fails as an iMessage?

Cause I did a test yesterday. I sent a message, it went as a green text and said "sent as text message" I had her phone with me, and nothing came through it all.

ST1050, 320d
I turned off iMessage, was just causing problems. Don't really see the point either if you have unlimited text allowance.

ST1050, 320d
I have a MacBook and it was a massive pain the arse. I would receive messages on my MB and yet they wouldn't appear on my iPhone.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I just turned it off and use texts all the time. I had problems with iMessage failing to send. Switch to texts and use what's app for pictures and MMS messages.