ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blown Head Gasket!!!!!

BMW 330Ci Sport
Not a great start to the day this morning on my way to work! :(

A couple of miles away from work, I turn down a country lane accelerating up through the box going from 3rd to 4th not pushing it particularly hard, not red lining it and the engine was fully warmed up, when I feel something let go. At first I though it was something to do with the engine management/safe mode. Push the accelerator with no responce. Check the rear view mirror, to see what can only be described as a NASA style rocket launch plume of dense white smoke pouring out the back of my car!!!

I pulled it to the side of the road, turned off the engine and sat there with my hands on my head! Remembered I had Birchdown's number in my phone and gave Andy a call. Popped the bonnet to discover all of the water had disappeared from the header tank. Upon me mentioning this, Andy passed judgement that it was most likely to be the head gasket....FANTASIC! I've only recently had the dephaser pulley changed along with cam belt and aux belt back in April. I had to be towed to Birchdown then by a mate and I will have to get him to tow me there again! Andy said to get it to them asap and they will assess the damage. :(

So after being towed the rest of the way to work by a work mate, my car is currently locked up our factory in Wrexham waiting to be taken to the guys at Birchdown. Luckily I have been able to borrow a car from work for a few days while I get thing sorted. Lets hope the damage is minimal. GUTTED! :S

120d M-Sport
Sorry to see this mate, what a ballache, after you've spent so much on it and then the headgasket goes :dapprove:

Hope it doesnt cost you too much to fix bud!! :)

53 Clio's & counting
Might not be gasket fella, could have been a split water pipe and it was steam on the exhaust (had that happen to me a few years ago) so fingers crossed for ya

BMW 330Ci Sport
Might not be gasket fella, could have been a split water pipe and it was steam on the exhaust (had that happen to me a few years ago) so fingers crossed for ya

Thing is, it won't start. Ingnition turns over but nothing fires! :S

Focus RS mk1
gutted for you, i know exactly how this feels! was on a renaultsport meet when mine blew, mine was blue smoke, the piston rings went and all i could see was 8 clios darting in all directions through the cloud. i wanted to cry cause i had just had cams fitted aswell as cam belt like 3 days before!

ClioSport 172 Cup
Yeh blown headgaskets are a nightmare, ive had them go in my last cars, due mainly to detonation caused by too higher compression and inadequate fuel octane+engine cooling. 99% of the time its caused by some other underlying problem though as mine was, its a failsafe, it doesn`t just happen without a reason.