ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody OUtraged!!!

182 Sport 2.0I
Well,

What a s**t day i have had. So i drive to one of our sites on my lunch break to see a coleegue in my own time and park at the house ( The college owns two houses and rents one to an older couple with a shared drive)

Theres quite a few cars parked so i squeeze in the best i can to not obstruct the neighbours leaving enough room for him to get out.

I then hear this tooting noise coming from next door....

I walk out to my car and see the man ages 50-60 ish sitting in his car tooting his horn for me to move! The first thing i think is how f**king rude! he should have knocked and asked politley. So i start walking towards my car to move it and he climbs out of his big ass automatic beast, i think it was a mondao or a volvo but i was too outraged to care.

As the man gets out of his car it starts driving itself backwards towards my car!! Now i dont know if this has ever happened to you but this was the worst feeling ever seing a un-manned car careering towards your nice shiny loved car!

..... SMASH!!!!!!!

His bloody car has only gone and smashed into mine! Luckily due to the french putting in plasting front wings it didnt sustain massive ammounts of damage and dents. There is some paintwork which needs doing, it has put a split in my bumper and peeled of some plastic.

But it doesnt just stop there. He get outs saying its an outrage i was parked there trying to make me feel like it was my fault. SHouting sauing he own this property its mine you cant park here! Which i quicky replied. New college stamford owns this property and rents it to you. I have just as much right to park here as you! He starts yelling saying he has an agreement with the college that no one will parc on his side (which i was only just overlapping) and starts saying he even has permission that no one will parc on a certain spot on the other side so he can reverse out.

I bit my tongue as hard as i could having 3 whitnesses sitting there watching the whole ordeal! He even said i should have parked on the road, which i replied "Its double yellows" then i moved my car out of the way, he then came over and told me to move it again that i am in his reversing space!!!!!! What a f**king iberty! I finally move, at which point im fighting with myself to try not and smack the guy!

I was so outraged that i went from, being calm and willing to brush it off and ask for some cash to "f**k you". I spent today talking with insurance companies, garages and courtesy cars. He deserves everything going! I have the right mind to contact the police and let them know he left his vehicle running and in gear and left it to do its magic!!

Sorry about the spelling but im so damn annoyed!

Steve

'53 172 Cup
That sucks mate... bet he had plenty of room to get out as well if he only actually knew how to drive properly... is always the way that mid-late aged chu,ps with fat autos have no idea where the edges of their car are... I'd be inclined to rinse him as well!!

Glad there wasn't too much damage... and would defo get the police involved... adds authority to your situation!!

182 Sport 2.0I
Im really unsure on what they are going to do with the bumper. It seems to have cracked out the clips that actually hold the bumper in right and it stick out a little. The crack is only a few inches long but it has took ovv a deep layer of plastic.

A new bumper would be great but i can only wish

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Did he actually have room to get out though or was he blocked in?

If he was blocked in i can't blame him for beeping his horn tbh as you shouldn't of parked in a manner that blocks him in, but that still doesn't change the fact that he hit a stationary vehicle which means theres no way it can be your fault.

If he could of got out regardless then he's just a c**t.

182 Sport 2.0I
I admit, it was tight and if there was actually any room i would have parked else where but we own the property he rents it and i have full right to park there. If he had any respect for anyone and didnt have such a bad attitude problem he could have squeezed out. If Remember its a clio not a bus im driving.Each drive will fit easily 4 cars on, and he had 1 in his. So he could easily get out.

Just to add, i was parked in the middle, and propably has just my tyres on his side of the line

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
It was tight enough for you not to be 100% sure he could get out then, i can understand his annoyance then, I'm sure you'd be pretty pissed off if someone had parked somewhere that effectively blocked you in, the rest of it is utter shite though he still deserves a slap.

182 Sport 2.0I
Tyranical, I do totally agree i would be annoyed. But starting a fued over just politely asking me to move my car is a disgrace. We have people blocking us in all the time in our residence. We knock and ask politely.

See the attachment.

Anyway, that asside. As you say, the dude needs to learn how his automatic works.

Attachments

• Accident.JPG
    Accident.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 206
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Tyranical, I do totally agree i would be annoyed. But starting a fued over just politely asking me to move my car is a disgrace. We have people blocking us in all the time in our residence. We knock and ask politely.

See the attachment.

Anyway, that asside. As you say, the dude needs to learn how his automatic works.

From your attachment it becomes clear that crashes are extremely common as cars 1 and 2 on the left have clearly hit each other.

Clio 182FF
Old people are dangerous. Clocked one driving the wrong way up a one way street and then honking her horn for all the other cars to get out of the way!!! Shouldn't be on the road.

Clio 182FF
O.....m......F......G

Yep. Seriously you KNOW when you are not capable of handling a car. It's even more wrong when they get out of their car with walking sticks, zimmer frames or even worse wheelchairs! I mean if your legs don't really work that great how the hell are you going to use say... your breaks?

Nissan 350z
Run past the dithering old fool, jump in his crap wagon and park the friggen thing for him. Job done. (provided you did indeed leave a big enough gap otherwise crash his car into yours proving him right)

...... Or come rant on the CS boards in the real world :)

BMW 330ci Clubsport
You should have called the police the second he start ranting at you. Claim he was getting violent. You have witnesses. I bet he would have instantly calmed down..

182 Sport 2.0I
should have gone ape on the b*****d

That i would have got in trouble for. So i stayed calm and collective. As hard as it was :(

You should have called the police the second he start ranting at you. Claim he was getting violent. You have witnesses. I bet he would have instantly calmed down..

I wish i did. You just dont think at the time :(

BMW 330ci Clubsport
No one ever thinks through such things when they actually happen. Just hope it all gets sortedout easily!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
3517755421_ccb8815330.jpg

seriously though, the guy sounds an utter tool. Maybe he just had a bad day. Two sides to every story etc.

What a writeup! Old people are way more dangerous than a lot of younger drivers, this just backs that up.

182 Sport 2.0I
I totall y agree. Two sides to every story.

I went back to the house today to get some whitness statments from my coleegues and measured the distance he had to get out. We measured 2.5 meters. Maybe not a huge gap...

I had another phone call from the insurance company today saying he hasnt reported anything to his company and that after talking with him he doesnt feel as though he is 100% at fault for the accident... Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the law state you are the soley held responsible for your actions whilst in controll of a vehicle?

Hmm. :S

Cheers guys! You do make me feel happier :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
aye - Driver is responsible for vehicle/passengers etc... Tell him to STFU and just claim off him.

182 Cup
One of my mates had a faulty hand brake on his car (yeah, right!) and it rolled into a bus. He was held 100% at fault for the accident.

182 Sport 2.0I
Well my baby webnt in for repair on Tuesday. IU should have i back tomorrow.

Total sum of damages : £533

Work carried out:

• Gear Linkage was loose
  • Something under the wheel arche was pushed loose
  • Spray front drivers wing
  • Remould bumper damage
  • Respray Bumper
  • Wheel Geometry Check
  • Re-do wheel balance
I have been assured by Direct Line that even if he disputes it he will then be taking Direct Line to court and not me.

Happy days.

Ohh, i got a 1.6 09 plate Astra as a rental car. Well, what a downgrade. They are sloooow for a 1.6 but very comfortable to drive on long distance drives.

:D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Old people are dangerous. Clocked one driving the wrong way up a one way street and then honking her horn for all the other cars to get out of the way!!! Shouldn't be on the road.

My granddad maneuvered around an invisible parked car the other day :S

ibiza cupra
old people scare the s**t out of me on the rd. i stay as far away as possible and when i get close i get out of there asap lol. bad luck though mate

BG 182
That sucks man. Let's hope the damage costs him £++++ and that he had a massive excess on his insurance ;)

182 Sport 2.0I
Well, i got a phone call to my work place asking to talk to me. So i called him back and he thought it was unfair of me not to offer him the chance to pay for it. So that is why i got all of the pricing done by Gladwinds (The insurance companies recommended garage)

Anyway, he thinks thats pathetic ammount of money and said he knows someone who can do it cheeper! Lol Dont we all!?!?

Anyway, he thinks thats pathetic ammount of money and said he knows someone who can do it cheeper! Lol Dont we all!?!?

After all thats happened and he's trying to call the shots!? Do it via insurance, everthing is nice and tidy then. Dont give the idiot the satisfaction with getting what he wants. To be honest the quote seems a little low to me for body repair.

It really grates me how people think damage repair is so cheap. My wifes fat ugly sister reversed onto a main road into the side of a guys merc and he settled with her outside of insurance because she cried... he wanted £250 for a respray of his back bumper which she thought was a con! I remember, she was actually livid about it and thought he shouldnt even be claiming any money from her because it was only a small scratch...

She didnt seem to get that she had done anything wrong. Shes still on the road btw, not a care, still driving into people and getting away with it by turning on the waterworks.

EDIT: Actually, insist on a new bumper not a repair. You want the vehicle as it was, not with damaged parts.