ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding nightmare

stumac

ClioSport Club Member
Hey after some advice. I lost my brakes at my last trackday, ended up rebuilding both front calipers and am at the point of bleeding.
I cannot get it to bleed at all, as in any fluid to come out at all. I have tried the normal pumping method. Left it overnight to try the gravity method and have just tried an eezibleed but still nothing comes out.

It is as if there is a blockage, is it possible for boiling brake fluid to damage the master cylinder to such an extent that it won't flow???

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
If the m/c is shot it won't be pushing the fluid...

Go to the shortest pipe first and fill the pot and use and easybleed to blow the fluid to the caliper.. Whip the nipple right out if need be, but expect to clean up.. Just get some fluid flowing with air pressure, then try again with the pedal after.

stumac

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, I tried that with the eezibleed. Even used a bit higher pressure but couldn't blow anything through. Really hoping mc is ok

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The mastercylinder cost buttons, it's the servo that's gonna be expensive and a pain to swap..

if the nipples are clear or removed and nothing comes out, crack the brake hose off and test before the caliper, but i don't think 4 lines will be blocked.. It'll be the m/c, or perhaps there's an is sure with the abs unit?

Where is that located?

Get a new m/c price.

stumac

ClioSport Club Member
Will have another crack at it tomorrow. Never had this problem bleeding brakes before.
The brakes were fine till they failed lol
I am pretty sure the lines are all fine.
It is a cup so no ABS, I will get a price for a new mc just in case.
I am in Fife in Scotland
Thanks for your help.