ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blast from the past, looking for a track car. from Ipswich

megane 225
Hi everyone, as you may have guessed from my user name I used to have a megane trophy a few years back. Decided it's time to get a track toy so a Clio was an obvious choice for me. Thought I should sign up and do some research so here I am, back again!!

megane 225
Thanks cub just having a browse around the forum now. Thinking about buying a car with most of the expensive work already done to save a few coins.
Does anyone know if the got with the clio v6 is and black 172 from Ipswich is on here?

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
Hi Trophy225, and hello forum - I just joined seeing as I'm a Clio sport owner and found this thread in the new joiners read this section. Are you looking for a 172 trophy225?

megane 225
Yeh in going to be looking for a track prepared 172 in the next few weeks mohsin. You already got Clio or currently looking?

Clio Sport 172
Yeh in going to be looking for a track prepared 172 in the next few weeks mohsin. You already got Clio or currently looking?
Ah I see! I have a clio sport already, but looking to sell it actually. It's not track prepared though...I presume you mean a little more stripped out and therefore lighter one? Mine is the standard 172, which probably isn't what you want unfortunately! :smile:

$_86.jpg

megane 225
No mate looking for something fully prepped to get straight on track my pals all have m3 track cars so I'm gonna have fun chasing them around

Clio Sport 172
haha yeah I figured that would be the case! Good luck in your hunt mate! Sounds like you'll have a good time once you find something to hit the track with. Always enjoy how rapid these Clio's are, so a race prepped one will surprise a few people when you get out there! :p

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Welcome to the Club, im also from Ipswich but don't know of any for sale around here atm 😧

I have a 182 track hack that's nearly finish so might see you around the tracks in the summer :)

megane 225
Yeh probably will see you about greeny. I will probably do woodbridge and snetterton first as there local. Who do you use for maintanence on the Clio for can belts and things like that?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome
Best / cheapest way to do it buy one already done or most of the way there, I did mine myself and it has cost a lot more but I wanted it as a project.
Have a look in the cars for sale there is a few in there.

megane 225
Not really got time to start a project just wanna get in the seat and go, real busy at work at the minute but should be able to go view a few in the next couple weeks