ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Ph1 Project

ph1 clio 1.2
Hello, right in my other thread i had 'EURO' in the title and knew it was too much to take on for a first car so its changed the title, not much has changed.. although i do have some OZ F1's waiting to be sprayed either black or anthracite(Not decided yet) with yellow diamonds, and have a 172 rear bumper coming in 14days, and other little bits to be added on so heres some pics of how its stands...
IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

I need to repair some stuff on me car, bonnet, grill, headlight, boot.. so decided weather to smooth me boot and bonnet off hmm?
UPADATES to come real soon, keep an eye out
Comments welcome...

Astra (H) VXR
Smooth them off, if the repairs aren't gonna cost much less than the full smoothing then do it. Looks nice mate!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Good to see you have a project on the go mate and glad you managed to source the 172 bumper. OZ F1's will look great, i love mine. You got any further plans for it ?

Jay

ph1 clio 1.2
think i might, give me little projects to do aswell, i dont mind a bit of handywork haha, we'll see thanks mate

ph1 clio 1.2
i mate, the other thread was sat there, i know ha about time too, my car might actually look better when the works done, yes i love F1's and a Bargin came along so couldn't say no really, got the set for £56.
Urm, think im just going to make it look more tidy, more colour code, front splitter then maybe some ph2 rear lights, and spacers for the wheels

Ben

love the black badges on the black car, think I might get some tint and put some fogs on mine they look mint. I want some fogs sooo bad :(, nice car

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
i mate, the other thread was sat there, i know ha about time too, my car might actually look better when the works done, yes i love F1's and a Bargin came along so couldn't say no really, got the set for £56.
Urm, think im just going to make it look more tidy, more colour code, front splitter then maybe some ph2 rear lights, and spacers for the wheels

Ben

£56 is an absolute bargain mate :approve: Sounds like a good plan, i'll keep an eye out for it.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Ben

I hate you. I was watching those wheels, got stuck in traffic so i got home a few mins after they finished! Lol

ph1 clio 1.2
I hate you. I was watching those wheels, got stuck in traffic so i got home a few mins after they finished! Lol

ahh really? sorry to take them of your hands pal! i thought they would go for way more, so i shot a £100 bid in the last 5seconds ha, and got them for £56 lol, bargin!

ph1 clio 1.2
£56 is an absolute bargain mate :approve: Sounds like a good plan, i'll keep an eye out for it.

i know mate, brothers going for them tomorrow for me, as there in darby ha and he lives closer, what tyre size will i need? that will look the best do you think mate?.

ph1 clio 1.2
love the black badges on the black car, think I might get some tint and put some fogs on mine they look mint. I want some fogs sooo bad :(, nice car

same mate, am thinkin of smoothing them off though, as i need a boot and bonnet, yes i like yellow fogs look so good IMO thanks mate

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
i know mate, brothers going for them tomorrow for me, as there in darby ha and he lives closer, what tyre size will i need? that will look the best do you think mate?.

Ive got 195/50/15 tyres mate and there best imo. Had 195/45/15 but they looked far to small. Mine needed spacers too so they didnt look so lost in the arches. Will look great once you have them on :approve:

ph1 clio 1.2
cheers mate, they cost much for new? ive only ever bought part 1's for the shitty things on my car, im going to get some spacers too thinking 20mm?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
I went for Rainsports and they were around £38 per tyre from camskill. Cant fault them, on my second set now :approve: Yeah spacers should be spot on, is yours still on standard suspension ?

ph1 clio 1.2
I went for Rainsports and they were around £38 per tyre from camskill. Cant fault them, on my second set now :approve: Yeah spacers should be spot on, is yours still on standard suspension ?

Thats not bad, how long did they last you? ha, and urm nope ive got coilovers on the back, and lowering springs on the front thinks its 70mm low all round

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Thats not bad, how long did they last you? ha, and urm nope ive got coilovers on the back, and lowering springs on the front thinks its 70mm low all round

Lasted nearly a year mate, only took them off as i changed from the 195/45's to 195/50's but they still had tread at the time. Ah rite, should look good with spacers then if its lowered, been thinking of going for coilovers myself.

ph1 clio 1.2
Lasted nearly a year mate, only took them off as i changed from the 195/45's to 195/50's but they still had tread at the time. Ah rite, should look good with spacers then if its lowered, been thinking of going for coilovers myself.

aww thats alright, i got some part 1's around April time and there at the limit now haha, and yeah hopefully, i want it lower though, you seen the slammed silver ph1 172 around here? should mate, i want the adjusters taking off, looks like its facing down a little.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
ahh really? sorry to take them of your hands pal! i thought they would go for way more, so i shot a £100 bid in the last 5seconds ha, and got them for £56 lol, bargin!

I was expecting them to go for more aswell tbh! But i wasnt going as high as 100 anyway so you would probably still have them lol. Would keep them silver on the car and lower it! CC the side strips and handles, Then it will be mint! :)

ph1 clio 1.2
I was expecting them to go for more aswell tbh! But i wasnt going as high as 100 anyway so you would probably still have them lol. Would keep them silver on the car and lower it! CC the side strips and handles, Then it will be mint! :)

oo i put 100.01 just incase haha, and its lowered already want more lows though, already cc's the sides ha, gonna completely CC it once me 172 rear comes!
, think am going anthracite with them, im unsure on the colour yet haha hmmm

ph1 clio 1.2
quick update: brother picked me wheels up today, seems that i got a evan better bargin, when i won the wheels it said the tyres were worn down in the description and my brother said there all in good nick, decant tread and all 4 mitchelin tyres!, just need to get them on me car, still not decided what to do with them colour wise hmm?
385381_4202539429473_1768895241_n.jpg

think im just going to shot them on the car like that for now,till im 100% on my choice of colour...
More updates to follow!

nope , our brother said it has some sort of code on them? which makes them ok haha, i dunno, but ive had no problems haha ;)

yeah there should be a stamp, but even if the police see the stamp they are still likely to fine you, it's stupid that they're being sold as road legal because many people are being pulled over for them.

I was gonna get some then i did some research and found people are still getting pulled over.

ph1 clio 1.2
yeah there should be a stamp, but even if the police see the stamp they are still likely to fine you, it's stupid that they're being sold as road legal because many people are being pulled over for them.

I was gonna get some then i did some research and found people are still getting pulled over.

ahh yeah i heard people were getting pulled, must be alright about them around my area! haha, i hope i dont getting pulled anyhow with it been my first car at 18, theyll be iffy on all my mods probably

2000 Renault Clio
yeah thats true, i lost out on a passanger one last week :( i had a little 'crash' awhile back and cracked a bit of it ha, along with a dented bonnet and grill :(
Ah man that's savage! I had a mate drive his car into me and it done the same! We're no longer mates! Haha

ph1 clio 1.2
You decide on a colour for the F1's yet mate ?

Not yet mate, im really unsure, i was sure on anthracite but after seeing alot of black clio's with them silver its got me thinking, hmm what do you think?, i also have 20mm hubcentric spacers for them too

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Not yet mate, im really unsure, i was sure on anthracite but after seeing alot of black clio's with them silver its got me thinking, hmm what do you think?, i also have 20mm hubcentric spacers for them too

I like the idea of anthracite mate, looks great on the BG 182's. Mine are black but always end up looking really dull when unclean :dapprove: Sounds good, should look great when finished.

ph1 clio 1.2
I like the idea of anthracite mate, looks great on the BG 182's. Mine are black but always end up looking really dull when unclean :dapprove: Sounds good, should look great when finished.

yeah a think stick with the silver for time been, see how they look, i can always re-spreay if i change my mind, yeah it should do, need to get more stuff done to it fast! :dapprove: