ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 172 Track Car Project

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks really nice mate. Hope it passes the mot fine, be a great day going for it's first proper drive. You getting the suspension set up?

cheers fella! i hope it does too, gonna feel like a right tit taking it to the garage. dont know how they stand with cars like this. Ill sharp find out though. lol

yeah, suspension will have to be setup as it is way out, the camber on the wheels look dodgy! I want to get it properley done so will most likely have to travel as i dont think there is anywhere that really does it oop north!

im gonna raise it for the MOT to save any hassle and i dont think it will be going back down that low as i will have to drive it to the tracks and will probable cause more trouble than its worth!

Quick little update before payday tomorrow

Got some new front discs and pads, went for the DS2500 and Brembo HC's as the majority seem to recommend them (nice price too! )

IMG_0423.gif

ordered some new fluid, so that can go in tomorrow night, again quite a few people using it

IMG_0440.gif

got the discs change over tonight, whoever had the car must not have ever changed the pads

Suppose there is still a good 2.5mm on! lol

IMG_0438.gif

Also sorted the exhaust out as it was sitting funny and bugging me

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Also raised the suspension right up to keep the MOT fella in a good mood, dont think they would appreciate it struggling to get it on the ramp and ive heard you can fail on it

Also waiting on a new brake light as the current one is kaput!

DCi 100
How much if you don't mind me asking? Mines Cracked!

Any plans for when this will get to a circuit btw?

it was £26.05 posted mate

yeah should see plenty of track, booking croft for 8th May as it is local to me, April will just be a case of giving it a little drive to blow the cobwebs out as it has been sat still for 18 months

Haha, cheers Mcaff, anything is for sale for the right price! ;)

little update, no pics though

Car got its MOT today, went straight through at Renault

Had a new timing belt, AUX belt, dephaser pulley and a few other little bits

Getting the car back this afternoon so sorting insurance and tax out this morning! cant wait!

monaco 172 and combo
were did you get that exhast from and what did you do to make it it sit so nicely and whats the black trim were u cut the bumper, just recently brought a monaco blue ph2 track b**ch and was thinking of the 182 exhaust but think that looks much better

its a ktec recessed exhaust, i chopped the original tail pipe off a tigged a smaller one on, just had to mess about with it for a while. the surround is just off a 182

Trackday survived!

First track day today, loved it. Was with Andy(Andyrg) and simon (Wilkyway). well chuffed with the clio. Held up very well.

a few crappy pics

wol_error.gif
Click this bar to view the full image.
IMG_0575.jpg

wol_error.gif
IMG_0573.jpg

wol_error.gif
IMG_0569.gif

wol_error.gif
IMG_0571.gif

wol_error.gif
IMG_0579.gif

IMG_0591.gif

IMG_0592.gif

wol_error.gif
IMG_0594.gif

wol_error.gif
IMG_0590.gif

wol_error.gif
IMG_0586.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  PH1 loads of boost!
That will polish out that! Not the end of the world eh!

Your car handled better when it was wet than mine did in the dry, was uber-impressed! I needs me some good suspension!

Was very impressed with the Renaults, all three drove home and apart from the ripples it was a really good day, moral of the story is don't let your dad drive your car :D

I would have been in tears!

Haha, i was to chicken to go out in the wet!

yeah i was impressed with them all, ill let you have a go next time when its dry just to give you that final push! ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
*Goes to search for Andyrg's threads

You can have both sets of wheels and a pack of custard creams?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Looks good, jelous that you've finished you car and got it on track, mines not finished yet and befor I know it the summer will be over!

So do you have anything to change or is it just a case of just booking the next trackday?

exhaust has started to rattle and knock so need to have a look at that

going to make some sort of air feed for the filter and maybes the breaks, breaks were spot on today but it wasnt exactly hot weather

Heated windscreen didnt seem to work to well this morning, had stripes down the window where it hadnt cleared. not sure if it needs thicker cable or not or if it is a problem with the window

Apart from them little bits am pretty happy with, couldnt fault it

Great project thread and brilliant to see pics of it on track finally... bet all the hard work and long nights seem worth it now!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
good to hear it was a successful day

Heated windscreen didnt seem to work to well this morning, had stripes down the window where it hadnt cleared. not sure if it needs thicker cable or not or if it is a problem with the window

thats interesting to read also, I am thinking i may leave mine for the minute as some circumstances in my life have change and i currently can't warrent spending the xtra £££ and loosing a perfectly good screen