ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 1.2 :))))) Audio and Visual

Renault Clio 53 1.2
right well i got my self a 1.2 clio in black about 1 year ago. done a few things here and there the moment its a nice day and i get a chance to clean the car i will update.

current audio mods
kenwood kdc-6047u with steering wheel controls
diamond audio d6 300.4 amp
focal access 130a1 with tweeters and crossovers installed in dash (amped)
jl 12w1v2 sub woofer
false floor in boot with sub in spare wheel and amp under floor

current visual mods
footwell lights not your standard foot well lights you can change colour brightness and switch them on and off with a remote :p
clio sport spoiler
clio 182 alloys
red trim carpets (match my seats)
xenons headlights proper projector headlights (from a sport model)
rs grill

mods to do and would love advice on these and other mods
fit 5mm spacers to rear to stop fowling on wheel liner, (any ideas on what i need?)
colour code mirrors, door strips, bumpers, and handles, anyone know a good place, person price to get this done?
paint calipars red
lower 30mm
fit head light washers for xenons already got all the other requirements for them so might as well finish it off.

any other mods adivice help thanks would be greatly appreciated i know f**k all about the mods i haven't done and would love some help, i would upload pictures but living in rural somerset makes a car almost impossible to keep clean after 1 5mile trip.
thanks

Renault Clio 53 1.2
well this is how the car came... clean and standard
photo 2.jpg
first i fitted all my audio stuff headunit and interior

photo 1.JPG
here the false floor without the top layer on ( could only find this photo)
photo 4.jpg
here are my alloys.. and they are in beautiful perfect condition
photo 3.JPG

DO NOT SCROLL DOWN THIS IS VERY VERY DIRTY
here there fitted up on the jack sorry the car is disgusting it just given up cleaning it in the winter 1 day and its this dirty again stupid rural Somerset. btw there is a prize to the person with a 60mm car or lower that can make it to my house without removing there from splitter.
photo 5.jpg
sorry about the rubbish photos just haven't taken any, i have seen a blue clio sport around the taunton area always drives through town just before 8, anyone know whos it is? anyone else in the taunton area as well?

Renault Clio 53 1.2
Are the red seats standard? Looks good!

yea they are i really like them the interior is so so tidy no marks damage anywhere. when cleaned up it looks really good. its got xenon and a sport spoiler now.

but i am considering lowering it and colour coding it think it will really finish it off.

Renault Clio 53 1.2
img1389o.jpg
so boot build finished managed to find some carpet for an exact match so if anyone wants to buy some pm me and let me know, it looks pretty good just gotta get a sub grill.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
actually quite like those seats, never seen them before.

Sorry if i missed it but put an rs grill on as it really transforms the front.

Also, Damn that is one dirty car!

Renault Clio 53 1.2
yep i love my seats dare to say it may even slightly prefer them to the sports interior :p, and i have an rs grill as well and love it does make a real difference

update
1) new under guard thing behind the bumper
2) relocating induction to stop heat soak putting it in the battery compartment then a real tidy of the engine bay a good clean and a repaint in some places. and tidy up the mess of amp wires under there too.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
in your first picutre of your amp and sub, i thought that looked really s**t. Now after seeing the second picture, i am thinking "what an amazing idea"! That looks really neat and tidy!!! I give you an A* for that!

1.2 16v clio
im quite liking the raised floor with the sub in it a little idea i think it would be a better idea to have a guard on the sub so you can use it as a normal boot without having to worry about something falling on it and perhaps damaging the cone or rubber

M135i
I used Perspex over the top of mine which was pressed down with a metal frame I custom
made just to stop any vibration.

Looks the dogs dangles !

Renault Clio 53 1.2
Well here is the clever bit I drilled 4 holes on the other side of the floor but not all the way through glued mmagnets in tthem and them a sub grill which is magnetic and you have yourself a magnetic sun grill removable to look at your lovely sub but quick to attach when you wanna use your boot :)
and the sub is in a standard sub box with a whole deirdre in the back and the. Bolted to wear the spare would have been bolted, easy and simple and it's not going anywhere I filled the space arround the sub with sound deadening and no rattles sounds really clean

Renault Clio 53 1.2
Another update hopefully it will stop being freezing cold and icy so i can ditch my steels with winter tires and put my alloys back on

Renault Clio 53 1.2
in your first picutre of your amp and sub, i thought that looked really s**t. Now after seeing the second picture, i am thinking "what an amazing idea"! That looks really neat and tidy!!! I give you an A* for that!

I agree it did look shiit but it's all finished now, doesn't really matter what's under there thinking I should move the fire extinguisher out from under there as the chances are its gonna be an electrical fire due the amp if any so not the most ideal place to have it haha

Renault Clio 53 1.2
got some pictures with everything done so far
rs grill
xenon headlights
red brakes
182 alloys dark grey colour
sub boot build false floor thing

rvkeqf.jpg

fxyz40.jpg

r8tp5j.jpg

fjgf84.jpg

really needs colour coding but worried about doing it
It will look good matey, trust me. mines getting done in march or april, one of the two! You doing it yourself? or getting it done professionally (recommended)

Nice car though mate, can see this being a beaut when it's done! Gunna drop it abit or leave it?:)

Renault Clio 53 1.2
It will look good matey, trust me. mines getting done in march or april, one of the two! You doing it yourself? or getting it done professionally (recommended)

Nice car though mate, can see this being a beaut when it's done! Gunna drop it abit or leave it?:)

yea well was thinking about 30mm on sportlines? what do you recon? and how much is it costing you professionally? was just gonna do it myself and buy another set incase i f**k up haha

Renault Clio 53 1.2
Looks tidy mate, lower it and be done with it.

how low do you think i should go what springs/coilovers

would prefer and black spring then it looks oem to insurance maybe? or can i paint my them black or something

Renault Clio 53 1.2
I think coilovers would be a wise investment, if affordable.

my budget is reasonably tight though.. if i could get some second hand that would be great, aparently new laws in 2013 are banning non manufacture springs and coilovers :( what are peoples views on the sport/proline eibach springs, anyone got some second hand for sale?

Renault Clio 53 1.2
Having some problems with my new xenons bulbs the colour discharge doesn't actually light up the road very well so I am assuming they are not standard bulbs they look a lot whiter bluer which bulbs should I get? And recommendation budgets quite tight :/