ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

biting the bullet?

bg 182
when i first got my clio i was going to lavish it with carbon fiber, but now iv changed my mine. i want it to look clean and standard yet still be different for other sports and indeed bg out there. so... a little about my plans which will lead up to the bullets. iv decided to remove the rear badges and replace with stickers simple but i think it will look pretty smart i know the clio badge is going to be a b*tch as it leaves holes but it will be worth it. the Colour scheme that i am going to use for the car is silver as it contrasts well with the bg. so i have two questions that id like your opinions on...

question 1: bullets. i was just going to spray silver again or bg with silver letters and numbers but as im going with stickers i thought it might look a little different if i were to smooth the bullets spray and then add the stickers and laquer. Now, the question is should i spray them bg with a silver sticker to match the rear stickers or spray them silver and with black letters etc. personally im thinking bg with silver stickers.
question 2:alloys, as my car isnt a cup it has silver alloys and as my scheme is bg and silver i think it will look best having them referbished in silver but i im starting to like the dark alloys sprayed in anthracite. Again just wondered what people on here think would look best. not a fan of black alloys on a black car so that options a no.

cheers dan

BG with silver stickers will stand out more, though it will also look more Ph1 ish i.e. dated. Bear in mind Black Gold is a reasonably difficult colour to spray well as you can't buy it from Renault (you can only get touch up pens) or Halfords etc & will have to have it mixed.

You're right, glossy black standard wheels look odd frankly on a BG and again sorry (because you want to be different) but you're right the standard wheels just suits BG perfectly in anthracite.

Tiny/massive suggestions I know but the updated RenaultSport badge from the 197 looks really smart on BG and there aren't many BGs with anthracite turinis if you wanted to try that (maybe it looks s*** hence there aren't many, I don't know?)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've personally never looked back from getting the BG's alloys done in black over the standard amphasite. I wish I'd done it years earlier, tbh. When cleaned and with some decent tyre gel on, the profile view of a black-on-black 182 looks superb.

D.

bg 182
yh im getting the 197 decals for the boot in light grey im spraying the interior dash strips bg aswell as the steering wheel plate which ill also add the 197 style decal to under laquer. Iv sprayed bg before, i get it mixed at a local paint shop so i know its decent stuff. im going to smooth the bullet respray them in standard silver and add the "2.0 16v" decal" again in light grey. not massive changes but something to keep me busy

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Some of the Mk2 Ph3 non sport clios came with smooth bullets so may be worth looking into. I had plenty of carbon no my LY and changed most parts back to standard apart from spraying all the black plastics in graphite grey. looked standard but still different although not as stand out as carbon. I painted badges, LY bullets with grey writing, fog and exhaust surrounds, diamonds etc.