ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of a Clean! *FRP Content* Long Detailing Read!!!***

Barge
Cleans up well. Have to admit it's more pleasing to the eye lowered, but when changing it could ruin how the car feels it's probably not worth the bother.

Good job. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers dudes! :) It's the best it's looked I must say! I feel lucky to have it on the driveway!

Alex it's easier than I thought, a guy has one on 160k!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
...why DodoJuice?

Thats what I was expecting. You converted now then?

Looks cracking Gally! Nice deep finish and some nice pics.
Well to be honest LP couldn't have fit the bill any better, it was an enhancement detail on the paint not a correction as such. Remove some light marks and add some depth back to the paint.

Also was perfect to use under Purple Haze which i've had a sample of for a while and couldn't wait to try. I have some BTBM shampoo for maintenence now as I always felt some shampoos are just too rough and can remove underlying protection so looking forward to seeing the BTBM do it's stuff. :)

Definitely a convert but i've always known Dodo made decent stuff. Looking at aquiring a sample of Glasur soon if it's possible. :eek:

Gally, how long did it take?

car looks amazing!
Around 7-8 hours mate, was a long day and my body ached yesterday! Luckily I didn't require the garage all day, it stayed nice!

Mint! Like that a lot!
Thanks Justin, would love some pictures with the Lotus and get your camera to bring out the best in the Puma and the colour. The colours always look so vibrant on your camera!

Thanks again for the comments guys, sadly it's not going to see a lot of changes only OE replacements. So it'll most likely look the same for quite a while!

...why DodoJuice?

Thats what I was expecting. You converted now then?

Looks cracking Gally! Nice deep finish and some nice pics.

Lol, not in the slightest, still see all except their SN waxes as sheite! LP is great as well, but not a lot else does it for me!

it'll most likely look the same for quite a while!

Nothing wrong with that Kevin.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't even get his question JD! Was he asking you if you were converted? :S

I know there's nothing wrong with standard, always thought i'd change the wheel colour if I had one but they look great and "big" in silver.

I didn't even get his question JD! Was he asking you if you were converted? :S

I know there's nothing wrong with standard, always thought i'd change the wheel colour if I had one but they look great and "big" in silver.

Yeah, Markie knows I don't like DODO.

Sounds familiar buddy. New OEM yes on suspension. And remap/engine/braking mods. But no more suspension mods for me!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Audi's need to stay classy with subtle mods JD, you know the score!

Thanks Hughski!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Through this way? Callum has a good roof top multi storey to use at night.

133/225/CLS AMG
Car looks good mate, looks like a good cleaning/detailing routine you have going on as well.

I'm actually a big fan of Dodo Juice products although tend to only use them on the Megane.

OUt of interest, have you used Red Mist?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, that kind of detail is probably a 3month affair, really depends on how harsh the weather and washing has been on it.

Haven't mate, I don't know why it just doesn't attract me, looking forward to using Z8. I have no desire to try Red Mist and I don't know why as people have mentioned it a lot and it's a well liked product.

If I want a good sealent for speed I have Aquartz Reload, that stuff really really will outlast most things!

133/225/CLS AMG
I bought it to give it a shot and was really impressed. Seems to add something to the finish. Even on top of waxes like Finishkare or Collinite which are more hard wearing than adding an extra glossy finish.

Take it you're on Detailing World?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate, been using it quite a bit recently. The search facility is pretty good when looking at new products.

I have some Z8 from Russ coming and some autobrite brite gel, looks the biz, my Alcon's shed dust like nothing else on earth!

133/225/CLS AMG
DW is superb for info and actually being a nice forum in general.

Have heard Z8 is good stuff, will probably invest at some point. Just tend to find myself buying things and not using other products I've got sitting in my cupboard.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols that's my downfall! Trying new products mate! I have some wheel cleaning gel coming and looking at some Zymol Glasur as a treat! :eek:

Thanks Justin, would love some pictures with the Lotus and get your camera to bring out the best in the Puma and the colour. The colours always look so vibrant on your camera!

Thanks again for the comments guys, sadly it's not going to see a lot of changes only OE replacements. So it'll most likely look the same for quite a while!

Sounds like a plan!

133/225/CLS AMG
Lols that's my downfall! Trying new products mate! I have some wheel cleaning gel coming and looking at some Zymol Glasur as a treat! :eek:

It's just so easy to do, you have a look round and think 'Ooooh I'll have some of that'. It arrives and you don't get round to trying it! lol

Nice one on the Zymol, can't say I've used their waxes before. Thing is, again I've got about 5 unopened pots of wax I've not started using yet! haha.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols I think everybody is the same it's murder! I have about 6 shampoos and have settled on BTBM because it's kind to the wax no doubt i'll have a sample of something to try just to see what it's like in the near future!

It's more expensive than running a track car ffs! :eek: