ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of a Clean! *FRP Content* Long Detailing Read!!!***

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So been pklanning on giving the car a good clean for the past few weeks, hard to plan thing when the weather is so unpredictable!

Eventually got the chance yesterday to have a good crack at it! :)

First posted detail actually sadly no during pictures! :(

Process and products...
Wheels/tyres cleaned with Billbery and G101 agitated with brushes.

Engine bay/Arches/shuts cleaned with G101 agitated and left to work for a minutes then rinsed off.

Tardis applied to lower panels and front of bonnet wiped with MF once Tardis had worked into the tar.

Snow foamed mix of AS snowfoam and G101, badges, trims, seals, grilles agitated with some more G101 to remove and leftover products.

Pressure washed.

Snowfoamed again, lighter mix of snowfoam and a touch of Maxi Suds, stil showing signs of Reload protecting the paint to my amazement and the windows were sheeting like crazy (Cif "professional" glass&multi surface cleaner) It really is an amazing product!

Light pressure rinse off then washed with 2BM, Maxi suds and Euro sheepskin wash mitt.

Lightly rinsed, leaving some water on the surface and clayed with BH soft clay (really good clay) using a touch of Maxi Suds in water to lube (the clay can be used with just water) Wasn't too bad, mud guards seem to help, lower part of the rear bumper seemed to be the worst off all.

Quick re-wash with 2BM, pressure washed then sheeted water off, no signs of protection left all. :) Nice clean surface for working.

Dried using Blue fluffy drying towel (can't remember the exact brand) Leftover SP SD as drying aid! :) Shuts, engine bay and wheels dried with old MF's.

Car rolled onto the drive for "quick" enhancement.
Silverline rotary, 3m yellow pad and Lime Prime (first time using)
Taped up all trims (although doesn't stain trim, splatter and a little dust was still visable)

Worked only between 1-3 really easy product to use, the roff was a little hot but seemed to still work away actually removing some small marks around the vehicle with it's micro abrasives.

I must say this product after some research has impressed me greatly, where before I would use 3m blue/blue I can fire on some LP and it's certainly brought the finish back to the paint, I had a few wow moments looking at the depth and flake pop! :)

Quite a bit of time spent using the LP and rotary, getting used to the LP for future enhancements.

Cleaned off as I went along as the sun was out! Cleaned off some dust and a little splatter, ready for finishing the car.

Trims/grilles dressed with ValetPro new Trim Glitz! I love the stuff, it does leave a tacky finish because of it's sheer viscosity but after it's set just a light wipe with a MF takes away the grease from the product, very very impresed by it! Looking forward to a bigger bottle although a little 50ml sample will do quite a few cars!

Tyres treated with 2 coats of megs endurance still one of my fave for a nice glossy finish, also used on trims a couple of times to see what it was like very impressed again and wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

Wheels sealed with Aquartz Reload due to how it faired on lower bodywork I was happy to use it on the wheels. It was a sample and I can imagine it's kind of expensive to use everytime you do wheels.

Exhaust cleaned with autosol, wiped down with 425.

Choice of wax was Purple Haze! Applied with a SN finger Mitt another gret addition from Dodo Juice! Easy wax to work with, easily applied thinly and buffed off after a couple of mins due to the heat and sun. (another coat will be applied today or tommorrow and Wpied down with FK425.

I must say whether it's all in the mind or not the PH seemed to add even more depth and serious flake pop to the car. Very impressed by it.

Sun went away just as I tried to capture the flake pop, apologies! :(

Looking to also use some Z8 I have coming from kind Russ. Surely fine to use over PH?

Great day cleaning the cars and the sunburn was well worth it. The satisfaction it leaves make you realise why you don't take it to the carwash/resident eastern Euro car cleaners! :)

I'll let the pics do the talking (some befores aswell) :)

SAM_0296.jpg

SAM_0297.jpg

SAM_0298.jpg

SAM_0299-1.jpg

SAM_0300.jpg

SAM_0301.jpg

After...
SAM_0369.jpg

SAM_0344.jpg

SAM_0347.jpg

SAM_0370.jpg

SAM_0357.jpg

SAM_0363.jpg

SAM_0361.jpg

SAM_0355.jpg

SAM_0368.jpg

SAM_0367.jpg

SAM_0350.jpg

SAM_0340.jpg

SAM_0339.jpg

SAM_0345.jpg

SAM_0359.jpg

SAM_0365.jpg

SAM_0351.jpg

SAM_0375.jpg

Apologies for the amount of pictures and lack of during and before! :eek:

Thanks for reading, all criticism welcome! :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! As soon as I looked at that picture I was thinking arch gap!

Esquire c-unit!

Turbos.
Very nice. As JD is suggesting though, needs lowering a few feet! To be picky, i'd want a private plate purely because the front 3/4 one looks too busy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols the wheels were done in Feb, I admit I damaged the O/S/F on my fist time parking outside my house with the car, never kerbed a wheel before in my life! :(

Oh and i'm looking for a FRP plate. Letter/1 number then FRP. They aren't expensive either, around £180 all in.

Thanks for the comments apologies for the mass write up, just look at the pics instead. :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My cars makes you sick? :(

I'm not sure if that's good!

I'm still roffling at that Giraffe!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
V nice! Other than a wheel refurb it's perfect. Is the handling is as good as it's meant to be, i wouldn't be lowering it 'much' or at all. Do Eibach do a kit, any reviews?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Turner! It's the best it's looked since picking it up a couple of months ago.

Ali, there will be no lowering at all of any kind, i'd consider the RPJ dampers, although they are kinda harsh for road use it's the only possible way of improving the handling.

Someone made an adaptor kit for 1.7 coilovers to fit the FRP...

P6130189.jpg

P6130177.jpg

I don't see the point it looks nice, infact it looks great but a standard FRP would run rings round it as has been proven.

To answer the question you can't buy a lowering kit for a FRP so to speak, but you can buy 1.7 coilovers and adaptors. Would you want to?

I really need to finish my review of the bus!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Nail on the head really...You've bought the car for handling, don't piss about then. Although (Bonnet aside) the one above looks brill! An improvement imo!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nail on the head really...You've bought the car for handling, don't piss about then. Although (Bonnet aside) the one above looks brill! An improvement imo!
It does look good and purposeful, i'd rather not ruin the car for the sake of it being a bit lower. I'm looking to keep it as standard as possible and replace things bit by bit.
H11 FRP is pretty cool. Definitely needs Turinis ;)

Apart from that, looking good.
H11 FRP is one I looked at..

T* FRP is also cheap.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It would look better lower, but not worth it. I doubt the 1.7 kits are much cop, the 1.7 is hardly a performance car. Looks great, you should bring it to lemans next year. Given the arch gap, you won't need a tent.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It would look better lower, but not worth it. I doubt the 1.7 kits are much cop, the 1.7 is hardly a performance car. Looks great, you should bring it to lemans next year. Given the arch gap, you won't need a tent.

LOL!

Looks great Gally as per. Enjoying the drive still?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! Couldn't just be nice could you! Cobra C-unit!

Yeah Luke, you get used to it like all cars, mostly when it's wet then like saturday it's dry and warm and you give it some stick in the corners and it just stays so flat and goes round. It still boggles my mind.

As mentioned to Ali before i'd love a good driver to take it out and push it to find it's limit because i've been taken some corners quick enough for me and the car won't budge. Without boosting my ego and the cars too much it seems to turn heads a lot.

Turbos.
Probably because they can see Osama Bin Laden taking a ride in your arches.

Do a trackday you poontang.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Absolutely see where you're coming from mate, I'd love a shot in one, just to see what the fuss is about!

How are you finding it on fuel/long journeys etc? Every time I see pics of yours I get just a little bit tempted, but tempted enough to deter me away from a Trophy...hmm...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest a Trophy will be a better choice mate I must say as an all rounder and being a newer car it's a no brainer. To be honest for 5/6k there are probably 10 better all round cars out there but the departments it is good in, it excells in.

Fuel is roughly 90miles per £10, not sure on mpg. My 1.2 clio did 100 miles to £10 4 years ago. So it's really good. You can easily use it up by pressing on, keeping the revs high for corners ect... but you still wouldn't get to silly mpg imo.

Long journey wise people might not like is the harsher ride, solid set-up suspension for pur cornering combined with 40 profile 17" wheels isn't going to be the comfiest car in the world.

I drove from Reading to Scotland and got out feeling fine, I think the Sparcos at the time of release were said to be the comfiest sports seats in a production car. They hug you in but never leave you needing back surgery after a long trip! :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
It looks great mate! There was some fantastic examples at ford fair yesterday. I am glad you are keeping it standard as its so easy to ruin them Few to many of them yesterday blinged up with chrome bits etc :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well played ya wee sexy

I enjoyed the drive in it, standard noise is bloody good aswell!

Wheres that picture of me drving it? Lovley shine in that picture (from my shaven head :eek:)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It looks great mate! There was some fantastic examples at ford fair yesterday. I am glad you are keeping it standard as its so easy to ruin them Few to many of them yesterday blinged up with chrome bits etc :(
Sojme guys has painte his grilles silver! Pretty much everything you change means you're de-valuing the car imo. Estimate just under 300 out the 500 are left.

Well played ya wee sexy

I enjoyed the drive in it, standard noise is bloody good aswell!

Wheres that picture of me drving it? Lovley shine in that picture (from my shaven head :eek:)
Lols i'll find it! Crminal that you are!

Gally, what are the brakes like buddy? Look like four pots up front - much cop?
Rally spec Alcons, could out stop a lot bigger cars easily. They really are big motorsport items. £600 for 2 calipers and £400 for 2 discs. Also using Porsche 924 pads with the alcon shims/backing plates

MKV GTI
That looks stunning, good job! The depth of the paint is brilliant must look awesome in the flesh!

Really didnt realise the frp was that wide :eek:

Sounds nice buddy. I'm wanting some four pots - still a talking point of amazement that both S3 models don't come with four pots as standard, when the lighter (but same chassi'd, powered) Leon Cupra R 225 has them as standard!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That looks stunning, good job! The depth of the paint is brilliant must look awesome in the flesh!

Really didnt realise the frp was that wide :eek:
Thanks very much mate, didn't manage to capture any flake popping when the sun was out but the paint has so much more depth and clarity now!

Sounds nice buddy. I'm wanting some four pots - still a talking point of amazement that both S3 models don't come with four pots as standard, when the lighter (but same chassi'd, powered) Leon Cupra R 225 has them as standard!!

f**king Vag parts bin c-units! :( How much are they for the S3 Jamie?

Iceberg 172

The Seat is the only VAG 20VT to come with 4 pots! But the Brmbo GT Junior is a good upgrade.

It defo does turn heads, mainly due to how wide the thing is!

Was sounding lovely crackling and popping at the lights just after leaving Chatelherault on wed.

Iceberg 172
FPR is looking great Gally... really like them a lot.

However, you're never gonna find it's limits on the road so I'd lower it and then put it back to std when you decide to sell.

FPMSL @ the lowered FPR on Turini's!!!!!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It defo does turn heads, mainly due to how wide the thing is!

Was sounding lovely crackling and popping at the lights just after leaving Chatelherault on wed.
Thanks mate, the 200 looked great, I thought Dean's megane sounded fantastic aswell.

FPR is looking great Gally... really like them a lot.

However, you're never gonna find it's limits on the road so I'd lower it and then put it back to std when you decide to sell.

FPMSL @ the lowered FPR on Turini's!!!!!!
To put it another way, would a coilovered 1.7 puma be better than a FRP? After a comparison with the above FRP on coilovers the standard FRP ran rings round it.

I'd rather keep it totally standard, they didn't do a bad job imo.

The Seat is the only VAG 20VT to come with 4 pots! But the Brmbo GT Junior is a good upgrade.

And yet is the lightest! Doesn't make sense, having such a bus (due to the quattro) running on normal calipers.

Kev, a good K for the upgrade buddy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
1k! Jeez! Cheaper than those AP's right enough!