ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstien damper rebuilds ?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hi chaps

Thinking of keeping my B14's and running in moddified class so would like to run stiffer rear springs and have the dampers refreshed/valved to suit.
can you recommend where to get this done and how much it may cost ?
Cheers

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I used John @black Art Design to rebuild my coilover’s on my impreza.

He is based in Essex, give him a call and ask.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I didnt realise they did rebuilds thought it was all custom dampers, cheers I will give them a bell.
Yes they do mate, John fitted modified tops and a modified scraper seal.

He also had to tig weld bosses to the coilover bodies so that he could fast them. My units are Teins.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Just spoken to him he said they need a boss welding onto the body to regass the B14 and so too expensive to be viable.
I have been given Bilsteins number which is 01162898345 for reference.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Does anyone know if Bilstein sell replacement parts - I was hoping to buy just the rear dampers from the clio B14 set. I went on their site and they do rpelacement parts but the site is a nightmare to use .

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Does anyone know if Bilstein sell replacement parts - I was hoping to buy just the rear dampers from the clio B14 set. I went on their site and they do rpelacement parts but the site is a nightmare to use .

There just Bilstein B6 dampers

Reactions: Gus

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Bilstein will refurb dampers for £80 per unit as long as the stems and boddies are ok.
Cornering Force will test dampers for £25 per unit.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
@MrBlonde

I contacted support@bilstein-shocks.co.uk on one of their online web request form things when I saw a cheap kit on ebay back in Dec 2022, and got the following reply:

Bilstien_repair_quest.jpg

bilstien_response1.jpg

They are based in Leicester, hope that is of some use to you...