ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein OE shocks

Rally Cinquecento
I know these come recormended from my friends in the road rallying scene, but what bout you? good shock for just an upgrade from the standard or dose it do notheing for the handeling?

Don't bother IMO stock are a better shock. The ride isn't as good its more choopy I find only advanatge if you can call it that is they last longer and have a great warently plus there a few pence cheaper than OE.

Rally Cinquecento
They dont stiffen up the ride at all then? and buy a few pence cheaper, well yellow bilies are £100+ and these are £30, just a bit then...lol

They dont stiffen up the ride at all then? and buy a few pence cheaper, well yellow bilies are £100+ and these are £30, just a bit then...lol

Stock OE are only £45 or so list price wise.

There supposed to be built to stanard spec but I don't rate them at all. then again I don't rate much of there stuff realy at the low price end,

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cup dampers are uprated you could use them.

ive used apex and they are ok on a budget but not great, used koni adjustables and they were spot on liked being able to adjust them.

but tbh id stay standard, im going for another set of standards when replacing mine

RS RIP
standard Cup are excellent.. i fitted H&R two months ago, and after some sporty driving i was quite surprised to see that the standard set-up is actually already really good !!

The H&R set is a bit more responsive though, more "feel" in the steeringwheel.

see if you can get Cup shocks !

Rally Cinquecento
Forgot to mention :eek: mk1 clio, so i take it cup shocks are off newer models?
been looking around, the spax non adjustables look pretty good, uprated 25%-30% from standard, anybody used them?

Forgot to mention :eek: mk1 clio, so i take it cup shocks are off newer models?
been looking around, the spax non adjustables look pretty good, uprated 25%-30% from standard, anybody used them?

Spax are rubish from experiance don't use them at all.

Cup shocks cannot be used at the back and fornt once could be made to fit but arn't worht it.

Rally Cinquecento
Whats best recomended to improve the suspention then? it needs something because it rolles like w***e!!
and bear in mind i am on a budget!

Whats best recomended to improve the suspention then? it needs something because it rolles like w***e!!
and bear in mind i am on a budget!

OK what engine are we ok about a 1.2 or a 1.8 16V or a williams setup car to start with if you've a 1.2 there much more can be done cheap thna williams etc.

Rally Cinquecento
sorry 1.2, shoud of said this in the begining, but, the car was originaly a 1.9D so it has the suspention setup off one of those

sorry 1.2, shoud of said this in the begining, but, the car was originaly a 1.9D so it has the suspention setup off one of those
Ok I expected you were on about a 1.8 or 2.0 setup to start with since you mentioned rallying,

Anyway yep there a few things you can do get a stiffer ABS you need to see what cars have the stiffer one mybe look at getting a Williams wide track front suspension and driveshafts if you can afford it but realy you might as well get a better engine esle the williams suspension dampers and springs are all wrong and on the car wasted.

Rally Cinquecento
Ok I expected you were on about a 1.8 or 2.0 setup to start with since you mentioned rallying,

Anyway yep there a few things you can do get a stiffer ABS you need to see what cars have the stiffer one mybe look at getting a Williams wide track front suspension and driveshafts if you can afford it but realy you might as well get a better engine esle the williams suspension dampers and springs are all wrong and on the car wasted.
Well i navigate on road rallys, so have been talking to some mates about what there running on there cars. Because basicly i want it to handle so i could use it on those type of events. Dont think ill go for the Williams setup tbh, if i had the cash i would, because getting some brakes off a valver already. Alot of my mates tell me that Bilstein OE's stiffen up the ride on there 205 GTi's, Nova's, Corsa's etc and are good for some ruff going as well as handle well on the 'smooth' roads.