ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilstein B14 and Ktec Top Mounts

172 Cup
Good afternoon Chaps,

I’ve just tried to mock build my front struts into the top mounts and hit a problem. The lower insert in the top mount does not fit all the way over the strut piston. It goes over the threads ok but is not big enough in diameter to locate onto the top spring cup.

I’ve taken a couple of pics to assist in my description

Any ideas??

6977f74cda89f61f122d9a5f260959e8.jpg

8a73c9dd61cc0f158bcd103e9194cef3.jpg
!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

172 Cup
I'm also fairly confident that the helper spring should be on the bottom of the main spring opposed to the top as these have been delivered. Does it matter??

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I had the same issue with the top hat. It will fit but you have to tap it down with a hammer.

Before fitting I would get some of the washers that PMS provide to bridge the gap between the bilstein top spring plate and the ktec top hat.
Mine appear to be knocking pretty loudly and I think it's this. I'll be investigating soon.

Spring helper wise, I'm not sure! Can't remember which way mine are and I've been meaning to check this again too. All I've seen have been helper springs at the bottom but I'm sure mine are this way round too.

172 Cup
@Louis - Gave them a light clean up with some emory paper and they slot straight on. My top hat and collar sit flush, not sure any need for a washer but will try when fully rebuilt & see if i notice any knocking. Thanks for your reply!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You sure there's no movement on the top hat and the collar? I definitely had some movement as the bilstein has a slight step in it.