ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BHP??

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Not that bad mate mines only 98bhp looks s**t compared to a 200+ bhp scooby but its only a small car and not made for speed.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
well i guess 75bhp is quite a lot, i was thinking more a of 90 or sumthing. lol doubt it.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I guess 75bhp is good enough, i think it was expecting a bit more, since i did see a video of a Golf that had 550bhp! lol

Audi TT 225
How is seeing a vid of a car thats had like 30k spent on it gonna increase the power of your 1.2 lol

Audi TT 225
Ive been driving a 1.2 clio 3 for a month and its not that slow...
the horsies change the amount of time it takes to get to speed.
I think I heard a quote like the veyron only needed 140bhp to get upto 100 odd but the other 860bhp odd to take it upto however fast it goes. Cant remember exactly but you get the idea

Ph 1 172
erm the 1.2 to my knowledge was around 60-65bhp mate doubt its got anything more..... but you can still have fun round corners in it if you get some decent suspension

Mk4 .:R32
My first car was a 1.2 RN and had an eye watering 60bhp haha.

It was crap knowing I had one of the slowest cars on the road

1.2 MK2 PH2
1.2 16v is a 75bhp car. Its nippy compare to most 1.2's on the road. Still I'm toying with the idea of getting some debt and giving it to k-tec for a conversion...

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
The 16valves help out a fair wack.
My wifes 8v punto is only 60bhp and you'll really see the difference on a hill

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
erm the 1.2 to my knowledge was around 60-65bhp mate doubt its got anything more..... but you can still have fun round corners in it if you get some decent suspension
That's the 8v you're thinking of. 8v has 60bhp, 16v 75bhp.

Ai the 1.2 8v is @ 60 bhp and the 1.2 16v is @75 bph ( at the fly )

Technically though, the're not 1.2s they're 1.1s as they're 1149cc.

Before anybody has a pop at me I'm not dissing them coz I own one.

Edit - Damn, note to self must post quicker next time.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my old one was RR'd at 82bhp at the fly, but we all know how pish RR's are it had stainless cat back, decat, ITG Pannel Filter & Vpower with Octain booster haha was quick for what it was but still fukin slow compaired to my 172, handled well too but the shitty electric power steering was pish! too light.

Audi TT 225
My dog will get to 40mph before a cliosport with all its 172 ponies if that makes you feel better ;)

Yeah, 75bhp, my Punto was 80bhp (1.2 16v) so better than the clio, and quite a bit quicker than the clio (3 car lengths at 70-80mph).

They should be 1.1s though, they are only about 15-20cc's more than the saxo 1.1s lol.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
What are the solutions to increase BHP?...

I have an IK, how many BHP would that increase?

Ph 1 172
nowt mate your more than likely to get a decrease in power as it soaks up heat more which is worse for the engine. the only time an induction kit will do any good is when the air is damp and moist!!! of which you dont wanna go ragging it around when its raining lol. unless you want you insurance to be higher. i found this out after i bought my induction kit as well lol

Suzuki Ignis Sport
nowt mate your more than likely to get a decrease in power as it soaks up heat more which is worse for the engine. the only time an induction kit will do any good is when the air is damp and moist!!! of which you dont wanna go ragging it around when its raining lol. unless you want you insurance to be higher. i found this out after i bought my induction kit as well lol

I dont soak up much heat coz mines a closed IK

75 or 80 bhp. Parkers has two different figures depending on whether it has PAS or not.
The later engines design(04 plate on i think) have the new "Micra" design intake and throttle body manifold which gives the extra HP potential gains.

All Mk2 phase 2 have PAS.
I thought the french used cv not ps....?

Yep but the differences don't matter at this level realy.

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
There ain't no difference its the same thing (metric horsepower), just a french cars power should be quoted in cv - chevaux vapeur ("steam horses") not the German ps - Pferdestärke ("horse strength"). Technically both are incorrect and every car should be quoted in KW.