ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Fabia VRS
Just picked up my first 182, in my favourite colour - black gold. I've previously owned a couple of clios, both 1.2s. The first one wasn't great, and the second one was a 182 replica, but due to a long commute to work i ended up selling and buying a MK1 Fabia VRS.

I've always wanted a 182 and this popped up in the for sale section and i couldn't resist. It's on 99k, with a pretty much fsh i think. It does have a few issues but nothing that won't be easy to fix (plus i got all the parts i needed for it included in the sale).

My to do list for it is:
lambda sensor
rear discs
power steering pump
aux belt
3000 sand and buff with various compounds - has a few scratches etc i need to get out
headlight correction
fit rear bench back in
fit drivers seatbelt and remove harness
exhaust mount

this is all the stuff i need to do now, plus i need to buy a passenger fog and some bumper trim, then the mods will start. i've been told its lowered on springs and already got an aftermarket exhaust, but i want the car a bit lower, and i also want a yozza eventually.

comments welcome. 20140928_180051_resized.jpg20140928_180058_resized.jpg20140928_180109_resized.jpg20140928_180120_resized.jpg

Fabia VRS
So i got the lambda done on saturday and the fault cleared, but the car still idles a bit funny. the fault showed up as o2 sensor, any other ideas?

also, i went to do the power steering pump, but when i did some more digging, it looks like the alternator isn't bolted in properly - i've put a couple of pics up. and when you turn the steering wheel, the pulley to the left of the alternator (if your looking straight at the front of the car) sticks, and that's were the horrendous squeaking comes from. is it just a case of losen the tensior, bolt the alternator in properly and new belt?
20141004_170358_resized.jpg
20141004_170406_resized.jpg

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
lamdba was new, so i shouldn't think it would be that. i think the cars decatted, would that have something to do with it?
Yes that would mean you either need to put a spacer in the thread to make the lambda think it's still working or just map it out

Fabia VRS
Yes that would mean you either need to put a spacer in the thread to make the lambda think it's still working or just map it out
ok thanks mate. if im honest i'm not really sure, as i bought the car with the exhaust fitted, but a decat is definitely on my list to do at some point anyway. can you get a generic map with the lambda mapped out? if so, do you know how much that would cost?

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
ok thanks mate. if im honest i'm not really sure, as i bought the car with the exhaust fitted, but a decat is definitely on my list to do at some point anyway. can you get a generic map with the lambda mapped out? if so, do you know how much that would cost?

It can be mapped out on other cars so I'd guess you can, is there 2 oxygen sensors on a Clio?

Fabia VRS
yeh, one before and one after the cat. i think it's the rear one that isn't important but im not sure. someone else may be able to point me in the right direction.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
yeh, one before and one after the cat. i think it's the rear one that isn't important but im not sure. someone else may be able to point me in the right direction.
The rear one is the one that shows if the catalytic Convertor is reducing the emissions that the first one reads

Fabia VRS
The rear one is the one that shows if the catalytic Convertor is reducing the emissions that the first one reads
ok so it would be the front one i need? thats the one i changed over which should have stopped the dodgey idle/stalling etc