ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 :D

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Very nice, always been a fan of standard looking BG 182s.

Planning to keep it standard, have to agree with you, there is definitely something very appealing about a standard BG 182. Just going to keep her in top condition as I love the way she looks! :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Nice to see another BG RS in the area. Looks nice and tidy :)

Where you from? I'll have to keep an eye out as I live near Stourbridge myself.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Nice to see another BG RS in the area. Looks nice and tidy :)

Where you from? I'll have to keep an eye out as I live near Stourbridge myself.

Thanks!
I'm from Kidderminster. Spend quite a lot of time Stourbridge way at the moment, I'll keep my eyes open for you!! :)
Although, the orange on black is a very eye catching combo (looks good), so I doubt you are hard to miss! ;)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Thanks!
I'm from Kidderminster. Spend quite a lot of time Stourbridge way at the moment, I'll keep my eyes open for you!! :)
Although, the orange on black is a very eye catching combo (looks good), so I doubt you are hard to miss! ;)

Not a problem :) It's the colour of win IMO ;)

I spend a fair bit of time in Worcester and regularly pass through kiddy so I'll look out for you.

Thanks for the complement, I'm sure I'm easy enough to spot at the moment although the orange is going soon so will be a little less obvious!

Liquid Yellow R27
Looks really smart! The refurb on those wheels look awesome. Need to get mine done at some point. Where did you get yours done and how much did they cost? Great to meet you on Saturday btw. :)

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Was good to meet you too! :D

Had my wheels done at Hylton Renault in Worcester. Popped in to get a pair of number plates made up and while I was waiting I spotted an alloy they had on display which was one third scratched, a third was as it should be and the other third was sprayed black! Anyway, price advertised was £50 per alloy so I asked. Guy came out and had a look and as 3 needed a lot of work and the last one really only needed a respray he said he'd do it for £200 all in! I'd had £200 knocked off the price of the car when buying anyway to put towards the refurb... so it sounded good enough to me!

As you can see from the pics they weren't very well looked after!!

Front passenger was the worst... as expected! (Just had a new tyre so that doesn't make it look any nicer!!)

08092011832.jpg

Back two!

08092011833.jpg

08092011834.jpg

And front drivers which had the slightest little surface scrape on it (which I can't see looking at that photo)! But nothing major!
Just a respray really so it matched!

08092011835.jpg

I wouldn't normally go to a dealer to get it done... but that seemed a reasonable (ish!) price and I was pleased with the results!!

Liquid Yellow R27
Oh yeah, I remember you telling me on Saturday now. They have done a smart job in all fairness, looked mint!

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Thought I'd post a little update as it's been a while!

In November I had my belts changed at BTM.

Then at CSS I was watching the dents being removed and decided to part with some cash and get my 4 removed! Was very pleased with the results and would highly recommend them.

20130622_141411.jpg

Driver door before
20130622_140432.jpg

And after
20130623_124159.jpg

Boot before
Bootdent.jpg

Boot after
20130623_145638.jpg

Also had a dent removed from the passenger door and rear quarter panel but I haven't got any pictures that really show it before the removal.

Last week I finally got around to ordering a headlight restoration kit. Added bonus of getting it half price. It arrived Friday so with an hour of sun this morning my headlights are looking pretty good again!!

Driver side before
20130728_064502.jpg

Driver side after
20130728_131738.jpg

Passenger side before
20130728_064509.jpg

Passenger side after
20130728_121028.jpg

Before
20130517_163631.jpg

After
20130728_133421.jpg

I've owned the car for nearly 2 years and I am finally getting her to look how I want! Very pleased with the results! :)

Last edited:
  182 FF & 197 F1 #164
So not a lot has changed in the two years (nearly) since my last post on this thread. Still very standard and just done little bits here and there to smarten it up!

The 182 has just ticked over the 123,000 mark and is still going very strong and a lot of fun.

But, the main reason for this post. I have finally purchased a private plate for my 182. Been looking for some time and lost a couple due to not being able to afford it at the time and then it sold. But, this one has been waiting for me and it is now mine. Just mocked up an image of it to see what it will look like, to say I am a little excited to get it on the car is an understatement!! I probably wouldn't have had a private plate had this one have sold. Initials didn't really appeal to me as my name may change in the future (if I ever get married!)

Screenshot_2015-05-31-20-50-17.png

Really can't wait!! :D

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Hadn't be looking for a new car, but at work (bored), one of the lads asked what I'd get next. To find pictures I had a look... and saw my next car for sale!! Lol

A bit of an impulse purchase, but today I travelled 190 miles each way to go and see this car.

I had made my mind up within minutes as the condition of it is absolutely perfect cosmetically, receipts for everything and it sounded amazing.

In a week or so I will be travelling down in the BMW I have and leaving it as a part ex towards this absolute bargain! Can't wait. Building a little Renaultsport collection as the 182 already in this thread is staying with me.

2016-01-31%2017.56.43-1.jpg

Screenshot_2016-01-31-13-29-54-1.png

2016-01-31%2017.52.00-1.png

2016-01-31%2017.52.54-1.png

Screenshot_2016-01-31-13-30-07-1.png

Number 164/500.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
Thank you.

I couldn't believe just how well looked after it was when I saw it. As you said the modifications are quite subtle but really do add to the overall look of it. I'm not normally one for too many modifications, as you can see from the 182. I have already thought about changing the badges. I think it would add to it.

Can't wait to go and pick it up. Feel like I have found an absolute steal!!

BG Clio 182
Thank you.

I couldn't believe just how well looked after it was when I saw it. As you said the modifications are quite subtle but really do add to the overall look of it. I'm not normally one for too many modifications, as you can see from the 182. I have already thought about changing the badges. I think it would add to it.

Can't wait to go and pick it up. Feel like I have found an absolute steal!!
It looks awesome! Exactly how I'd have mine. I don't know how keen I am on the euro fog lights, I'd maybe remove that film but would have to see it.

Will you be bringing it to CSF?

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
It looks awesome! Exactly how I'd have mine. I don't know how keen I am on the euro fog lights, I'd maybe remove that film but would have to see it.

Will you be bringing it to CSF?
Thank you. I'm really pleased with the modifications that have been done. One of my favourite things is the rear lights. Massive improvement on the normal lights as I think they are too red (after seeing these).

I'm not too impressed by the fog lights. Although, they don't look too offense in real life, it is more than likely something I will be changing pretty quickly. No major rush though.

I am hoping to come to CSF. I was going to bring the 182, but that has now changed!! As I said, I had no plans to change my car or buy another, but this one is faultless and I couldn't resist. 112,000 miles on the clock but very well looked after. Something I wasn't going to say no to!

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
The 197 looks brilliant. How come you are keeping the 182 as well though?

Thank you :)

I'm trading in a BMW 3 Series that I have as a part ex for the 197. Keeping the 182 as I can afford to keep them both on the road and I have spent quite a lot on the 182 to date. Just not ready to get rid of it yet.

The 197 is more than likely going to be kept as a weekend toy and I will continue to use the 182 as my daily. As I said, I wasn't planning to get another car. I was going to sell the BMW and just keep the 182, but this 197 caught my eye and I had to go and see it!

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
That's a mean looking 197! I never liked the shape of them, but recently they've grown on me and examples like this are the reason why. Beastly looking cars! Very nice :)
Thank you. It is a beast!

I have always quite liked the shape, but I never intended to actually get one.

Went and picked it up today. The 190 mile drive back was epic! Got this week off work so really looking forward to getting out in it and putting some miles on it.