ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Better speakers in a V6...

Has anyone put anything other that replacement 5.25" speakers in their Vee? I am starting by replacing the std setup with a mix of Kef and MB Quarts but wondered if it was feasible to:-
a) stealth a pair of 6x9s in the rear?
b) mount a 10" sub somewhere behind the passenger seat?

Also, is there a separate amp somewhere with the Cabasse stereo or is it just a high-powered head unit?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks for that. I was thinking of trying to install a removable one behind one of the seats, possibly with an amp under the drivers seat. Just looked at the specs of a JL 10W0 though and its pretty deep! Plan B might be some 6x9s in the rear in place of the 5.25" OEM ones.

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Thats what Ive been thinking, though would probably have to make up your own box for it, as most of the ready-made ones are too deep for the shelf.

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 30 June 2005
You have a 3.0 V6 sat inches behind you.Why do you want to listen to Eminem? :confused:

When youre stuck in traffic, an idling Vee isnt much to listen to.

And, thats a rather sweeping generalisation, that Vee owners listen to Eminem (which I dont)!! :cry:

Jesus its a joke.

Perhaps the Tale Of Czar Sultan - Flight Of The Bumblebee is more to your classical tastes!

Ahh, the delights of forums - its easy enough to misinterpret comments without emoticons, etc. No offence taken!