ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

better performance

197 cliosport
my car up for sale but after putting asda petrol in it and then running poorly put in quality petrol and now feels like someone has put a turbo on is it the damp weather going faster than ever if had this performance all the time would keep car thanks for listening to my rant gerry

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Petrol does not make THAT much difference! slightly better on v power but not much 90% placebo imo.

Rusty Cup
Could be the onset of motor neurone disease? If you're struggling support the weight of your leg over the throttle pedal you might be adding more throttle input than you think.

Either that or it could be a mixture of climate change and stranger danger?

my car up for sale but after putting asda petrol in it and then running poorly put in quality petrol and now feels like someone has put a turbo on is it the damp weather going faster than ever if had this performance all the time would keep car thanks for listening to my rant gerry
gerry rant my to listening for thanks car keep would time the all performance this had if ever than faster going weather damp the it is on turbo a put has someone like feels now and petrol quality in put poorly running then and it in petrol asda putting after but sale for up car my

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
gerry rant my to listening for thanks car keep would time the all performance this had if ever than faster going weather damp the it is on turbo a put has someone like feels now and petrol quality in put poorly running then and it in petrol asda putting after but sale for up car my
1/10. Lack of punctuation.

FWIW I put Esso SuperUnleaded the other day out of necessity - it's now running like a bag of spanners, grrr. Back to Sainsburys or Tesco like usual next time!

197 cliosport
Petrol does not make THAT much difference! slightly better on v power but not much 90% placebo imo.
Well, naturally aspirated engines like this one prefers the cold air and always performs better under these conditions, although I do think the petrol helped!

Unless you put diesel in it before the fuel will have made very very little difference (if any). Read up on what Octane Rating is and you'll understand why.
All petrol engines prefer cold, dense, air but it still makes very little difference on an n/a

I guess there's a tiny chance your car is mapped on 98 but you put lower octane in before, it's detting, and the ecu has retarded the ignition? But surely you'd know if this was the case

535d / t5 caravelle
On a serious note, if you put s**t petrol in again, a bag of sugar helps bring the octane up.

535d / t5 caravelle
someone told me if you put an alka seltzer in your fuel it raised the octane rating, the clown was deadly serious about it as well!!!!
what a nob! thought everyone knew it was sugar.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

535d / t5 caravelle
dont be tempted to go for 3, it will blow your gearbox to pieces! I've seen them let go on two and half, 2 is the safe limit [emoji1303]

RB 182 FF
I was told Barbados cane sugar(a brown sugar) can add at least 5bhp over other sugars... I didn't believe it until I tried it, my god does my car fly now!!! ??

535d / t5 caravelle
I was told Barbados cane sugar(a brown sugar) can add at least 5bhp over other sugars... I didn't believe it until I tried it, my god does my car fly now!!! [emoji106][emoji108]
this is true, not tried it yet, going to wait till the weather drys up a bit and i get my semi slicks on to aid with traction.

Given that the internet is used as a source of information by many people, and that some people reading this board may not have English as a first language, we can't guarantee that sarcasm will come across clearly... so we should really be clear that adding sugar or sweeteners is NOT a good idea... !!

535d / t5 caravelle
Given that the internet is used as a source of information by many people, and that some people reading this board may not have English as a first language, we can't guarantee that sarcasm will come across clearly... so we should really be clear that adding sugar or sweeteners is NOT a good idea... !!
its a marvellous idea, cheap extra bhp. avoids the expense of a remap[emoji1303]