ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to sync between Macbook Pro and Macbook Air

My MBP broke the other month and had to send it off for repair, while it was away I bought an Air and I was going to just sell it on when I got my pro back but I really like it so decided to keep it! The problem I have is that I need to keep my documents sync'd on both machines and also my entourage inbox, Ical and address book but I don't want to sync the whole computer i.e. not iTunes/ iPhoto. I have done a search on here and google but haven't really come up with anything of use. Don't mind if I need to buy some software but just want to make sure I get it right first time! Thanks in advance.

Regards James

Megane 225 F1
You can do a transfer between the two on a network.

Search for migration assistant on your mba. It's under utilities.

Opps didn't read whole post :eek:

Last edited:
Can't you use iCloud for your calendar?

Ass for entourage, just add the mailbox and it should work unless it is pop3?

Yes I did this initially but using time machine to get everything onto my MBA that I needed but now need a two way sync program to use each day to keep the two with identical doc's etc :) Thanks

I have thought about iCloud but didn't really understand it and the MBP doesn't run Lion so i'm unsure if it would work! i'm afraid I didn't understand the bit about entourage ;) (as said totally clueless)

Last edited: