ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way to get more power?

clio 172 cup
hi guys,thinkin of doin some engine mods to my 172 cup, any suggestions on wat to do? i have all ready gotk-tec recessed exhaust and itg panel filter.cheers iggy

Schma Schme 1.6l
best way to get more power? buy a more powerful car!

best way to waste a load of money? mod a car you already own!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
You need to decide a game plan really.

Where do you want to take it, i.e. what power do you want to end up with....

If you want big power, i..e 215+bhp then start with an aftermarket ECU, then you can have a choice of cams or ITB's or Supercharger or Turbo (you will get nice gains from just the aftermarket management)

If, your looking at simpler mods without taking it too far then:

matched inlets
Sports Cat
Exhaust
Cams + Remap

these will give you nice gains....

it all depends what you want from the car and what the budget is.... if you have a long term plan then its easier to steer the direction on mods.

If you need some help drop us a line

Andy

clio 172 cup

Where do you want to take it, i.e. what power do you want to end up with....

If you want big power, i..e 215+bhp then start with an aftermarket ECU, then you can have a choice of cams or ITB's or Supercharger or Turbo (you will get nice gains from just the aftermarket management)

matched inlets
Sports Cat
Exhaust
Cams + Remap

it all depends what you want from the car and what the budget is.... if you have a long term plan then its easier to steer the direction on mods.

If you need some help drop us a line

Andy

cheers for that, think matched inlets and cams and re-map would be the one i would go for, i am able to get them from u at k tec aint i?

Ph1 172.

matched inlets
Sports Cat
Exhaust
Cams + Remap

What kind of gains could you expect from modifications such as those? I know it's going to vary slightly from car to car, but a rough figure?