ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to get a sticker off...

M140i/Orange 182
Afternoon

ive still got a big lookers (reno dealer) sticker on the back window of my 182 and its really p*ssing me off now wots the best way to get it off? its really stuck on!!!

thank you! :)

106 GTi
Hairdryer to loosen the glue, and Autoglym Tar and Adhesive remove for any sticky left overs!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Is it on the inside or out??

If its on the inside a heat it up with a hairdryer and use a sharp blade to remove the sticker use some bostic tar & glue remover for the residue.

If its on the outside a high temp pressure washer will melt the glue and remove the sticker very quickly

Not a Clio
i used a kitchen scourer (sp?) You know the yellow sponge with rough green bit on top? That and some glass cleaner.

BMW M3
If on the outside, petrol will get an residue off.

I often get illegally parked stickers on my window from uni and they come off easily with petrol and a sponge.

My old one came off no problem at all, just using my finger nail. Didn't even leave any residue??

Otherwise like the above try a hairdryer.

MINI JCW
Use the hairdryer I got my sticker off the other night in less than two mins, hardly left any mess as well

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
Pull sticker off with fingers then spray WD40 on to a duster a rub glue off with that, You will not get too much of the WD smell then, Then clean window with glass cleaner. Job done :D

106 GTi
jay said:
My old one came off no problem at all, just using my finger nail. Didn't even leave any residue??

Otherwise like the above try a hairdryer.

Yeah mine was like that, was the first thing I did when I got the car home though!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Must have a go at mine tomorrow, I've pick a bit off everytime I open my boot and its all gone now, just gotta get rid of the glue :)

Renault Clio Dynamique 02
I bought something called 'Sticky Stuff Remover' from my local DIY shop - about £3 for a bottle but works a treat