ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way of insuring 2 cars?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
basicly i need to insure 2 cars once the z4 is sold, i can insure them both seperately for between around £300 - £500 each but obviously cant use my 7 years NCB on both so one of whrn will just up to around £1300 as will effictively have 0 NCB.

ive tried admiral multi car but thats rubbish they want over 2k so even more expensive than doing it seperately.

anyone any ideas or know of companies that do multi car policys

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Problem is admiral want more than double the cheapest quote even for one of the cars. Swift cover/ axa are by far the cheapest, I'll have to give them a ring but I don't own either of the cars yet so they may not be so helpful. Wish everything was as easy as the golf, £156 fully comp using 0 ncb!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
they dont insure any one who lives within a 30 mile radius of manchester for some bizzare reason

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
admiral multicar has gone up a LOT recently or atleast admiral in general. i was £600 odd for my GT and 172, now im nearly £1000, only thing thats changed is im a year older with 1yrs more ncb!!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Clio 182 Trophy & Vectra SuperToring on admiral multicar is £900 a year fully comp with 6 points and full uk breakdown cover.

Last edited:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
they blanket all SK post codes so SK1 , fair enough centre of stockport, but SK10 - my old unit is a good 45 mins out side of manchester, just fields and the odd farm house... i dont think there has been a crime recorded in pott shrigley... ever haha, just seems bizzare to blanket the whole area, but hey ho thier loss just a bit of a pain as they seem pretty good for alot of forum members.

You could put one on classic car insurance? Try www.peterbest.co.uk

Or Brentacre will mirror your ncb. They have for me and saved me £800 on my insurance for the second car. You need to insure both cars through them though.

MR2 Mk1.5
they blanket all SK post codes

Hi Laura,

we have extra criteria to be met of the 'SK' postcodes but we insure many, many customers in this postcode area.

Criteria:

Off road parking
Cat 1 Alarm
Comp cover 25's and over
TPFT cover - 23 and over
Minimum 2 years NCB
Free from (fault) claims in past 12 months.

If you meet the criteria feel free to PM me your contact details.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the duck - unfortunately neither would qualify, both around the same years 02- 05, im starting to think having 3 cars might be a bit silly lol thanks Ollie, is that new? last time i questioned it im sure i was told just no lol i meet all the cliteria but im only 24 and dont fancy having my cars covered on a TPFT basis only :(

MR2 Mk1.5
thanks Ollie, is that new? last time i questioned it im sure i was told just no lol i meet all the cliteria but im only 24 and dont fancy having my cars covered on a TPFT basis only :(

Hi Laura,

criteria changes on a regular basis, I struggle to keep up with it myself sometimes. I've PM'd you for some extra information.

Thanks
Ollie

the duck - unfortunately neither would qualify, both around the same years 02- 05, im starting to think having 3 cars might be a bit silly lol thanks Ollie, is that new? last time i questioned it im sure i was told just no lol i meet all the cliteria but im only 24 and dont fancy having my cars covered on a TPFT basis only :(

Definately try Brentacre then. They have been very good for me.