ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best wax or sealer for silver on a budget

clio 172 sport
Hi, looking for a decent wax for my titanium silver clio. After a high gloss finish. Is thereany budget waxes or sealers worth buying like from halfords. Thanks

Golf GT & A4 Avant
From halfords your best bet is autoglym HD wax or meguiars ultimate liquid wax.

If you shop online there are better options for silver

BG Clio 182
Poorboys Nattys paste wax is epic. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't. Get some of that from eBay for about 15 quid. It looks far better a lot of other waxes I've seen.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Poorboys Nattys paste wax is epic. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't. Get some of that from eBay for about 15 quid. It looks far better a lot of other waxes I've seen.
It is very good value. I tried nattys blue once and it gave a good finish

BG Clio 182
I cant imagine a high content. Perhaps it might have plenty of T4 carnauba in it but it works well
Says it contains grade 1 carnuba. Looks epic when it's on honestly think more people ought to try it before differing to waxes 8 times dearer. I fully detailed my car the other week and the shine is unreal, far better than anything else I've seen or used. Looks show standard sat on my drive which is amazing for a 15 quid wax

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Says it contains grade 1 carnuba. Looks epic when it's on honestly think more people ought to try it before differing to waxes 8 times dearer. I fully detailed my car the other week and the shine is unreal, far better than anything else I've seen or used. Looks show standard sat on my drive which is amazing for a 15 quid wax
It is a bargain. Theres a few waxes under £50 that easily outperm waxes 4x the price. I do like nattys its lovely to use

BG Clio 182
It is a bargain. Theres a few waxes under £50 that easily outperm waxes 4x the price. I do like nattys its lovely to use
Yeah. I was all set for buying some of that zymol carbon as you recommended it to me and then I went and detailed it and gave it 2 coats over the day of nattys and I just can't imagine anything better!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Yeah. I was all set for buying some of that zymol carbon as you recommended it to me and then I went and detailed it and gave it 2 coats over the day of nattys and I just can't imagine anything better!
Carbon will blow you away with the way it beads and sheets. Nattys dont last long

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This place is turning into Detailing world with the amount of crap posted these days.

Richard Treen is currently turning in his grave of Grade1 Montan Wax!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So many reasons. Recommending random waxes without looking into anything. Nattys. For the winter.

That's why the great don't post much anymore. :(

BG Clio 182
So many reasons. Recommending random waxes without looking into anything. Nattys. For the winter.

That's why the great don't post much anymore. :(
He wants a BUDGET WAX from a retail store? I have it on my car and it looks awesome. Haven't rewaxed in a few weeks and still looks awesome. Don't see why people say it doesn't last. Cars get mucky whatever you use this time of year, just wash them more? Top Up layer after wash = win? don't get why everything has to be done a certain way. It doesn't! I know nothing compared to you lot but if someone wants a cheap budget wax then tell them one?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I'm far from an expert on what wax is best for the summer/winter, but imo it's good to hear views on what others have used and works for them?
Bilt hamber finis wax is really durable for a budget wax. Collinite 476 is also but its horrid to use.

For show season waxes like auto finesse illusion and swissvax best of show are my personal favourites

Im sticking to sealants for the winter

Honda & VW
Gally I feel you should dismount that tall horse of yours. The chap has asked for suggestions on a cheap wax. This is what he got.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally I feel you should dismount that tall horse of yours. The chap has asked for suggestions on a cheap wax. This is what he got.
It's Winter. How the feck is it cost effective to rewax your car every week! It's a ridiculous suggestion I don't care how good the wax is and i'm a fan of the wax suggested!

Z2 costs less! 476 costs less! One will do 6 months the other will probably do 18!

Honda & VW
It's Winter. How the feck is it cost effective to rewax your car every week! It's a ridiculous suggestion I don't care how good the wax is and i'm a fan of the wax suggested!

Z2 costs less! 476 costs less! One will do 6 months the other will probably do 18!

Sorry have I missed something... I suggested a wax that so say has 12 months durablity. Who said about waxing weekly?

clio 172 sport
Thanks for the suggestions, i have bought auto finness tough coat, it has some good reviews on a forum called detailing world. Also bought a clay mitt from halfords & some quick detailer. So thats my sunday sorted. Thanks again people

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Thanks for the suggestions, i have bought auto finness tough coat, it has some good reviews on a forum called detailing world. Also bought a clay mitt from halfords & some quick detailer. So thats my sunday sorted. Thanks again people
Can't go wrong with Tough Coat. Good choice. :)

BG Clio 182
Nattys. A good 6 - 7 weeks after application (2 good coats). I know it isn't ideal and a sealer is better but she looks good still!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416673731209.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416673731209.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 73

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I use 476s for winter on my silver renaultsport its not too hard to work with as long as you dont put loads on and buff it off pretty quick, for the summer i use poorboys sealant as it brings the paint out better than the wax