ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best rear brakes? URGENT

Hi all,

Looking to replace rear brake discs and pads in the next few days if possible as car is already in the garage.

Has anyone tried the K-Tec uprated rear brake kit? http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1574

Or are the OEM Renault ones the best, are the ones from Euro car parts the correct ones, they seem fairly cheap.

Has anyone got any feedback on the Mintex set?

Need to be able to order for delivery on Thursday ideally.

Thanks

(maximum noob, tried searching for previous threads but to no avail)

Rear brakes on clios do very little at the best of times mate, id personally stick to OEM , they are normally perfectly up to the job unless you drive on track like a hooligan !

each to there own though,
mine had brembo HC discs and pads on the front and braided lines , standard rear step up was spot on

Thanks all, had PM's him separately after posting this as I had just noticed his name about 100 times in relation to brakes. I did wonder as there must be a total of 5kg over the rear of a 182 so fully grooved and dimpled discs seemed OTT.

Cheers for the quick assistance anyway, hopefully hear back soon.