ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best product for removing tree sap???

It's technically a form of fallout, so the usual process Kris mate. A good snow foam with APC, followed by tardis, iron-x and a good claying session. If the car is well protected, soapy warm water with a pH neutral shampoo will remove it.

Don't scrub!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
do you require something that will be wax safe and not effect it or are you happy to remove any wax layer and re wax after? most will affect you wax layer though, but in theory a well protected car the sap should wash off fairly easily. Is your car waxed or sealed at the moment?

AF citrus power does a reasonable job and is wax safe but won't remove it all.

if not waxed or will be applying wax after, a tar remover will go some way to removing the majority IMO, or using a clay to remove stubborn areas. once it's all removed get it sealed or waxed and it should simply wash off during the life of the product you use.

beaten by JD, ^ as above will see you right

Last edited:
  Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Should have stated in OP that the car is a mk2 scirocco that has been sat still for 3/4 years. So its pretty much dried on, I'll purchase a couple of products and use them see which is most use full, the car needs some good tlc on the body work. But the weathers horrible :dapprove:

Cheers for the help so far

Should have stated in OP that the car is a mk2 scirocco that has been sat still for 3/4 years. So its pretty much dried on, I'll purchase a couple of products and use them see which is most use full, the car needs some good tlc on the body work. But the weathers horrible :dapprove:

Cheers for the help so far

In that case, a good soak in a high ratio'd APC snow foam (1:4 for G101 works VERY well), followed up by tardis, then Iron-X.

Shame I'm not around your area anymore Kris mate, as I'd love to get my hands on it and get stuck in!!!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
ooh all that claying to follow lol. I don't envy you on that car. Several hits of APC, tardis and ironX will help but that long I'd have plenty of clay and lube to hand!

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
In that case, a good soak in a high ratio'd APC snow foam (1:4 for G101 works VERY well), followed up by tardis, then Iron-X.

Shame I'm not around your area anymore Kris mate, as I'd love to get my hands on it and get stuck in!!!

Gutted. I'd have made you a few brews as well haha. Anyway thanks for the tips etc.

Will let you know how I get on.

Got my project thread in General Automotive