ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best place to fit

Head unit finally arrived today (and lead to make stalk control compatible will be here tomorrow). Any ideas for whos best to fit it? - someone like Halfords or shouldnt I trust them with my car? Auto-electrician?

And before anyone says it, no Im not fitting it myself. Im totally inept at stuff like that (except building PCs from scratch funnily enough!) and I would c**k it up. I wouldnt have a clue where all the wires go and as for the "thing" that connects the stalk control to the headunit, I havent the foggiest how to fit that - Im guessing part of the dash needs to come away.

Thanks for any help!

Lionel Richie

If you want to be ripped off then by all means go to Halfords!!! £35 for a 10min job!!!!!

Seriously its a piece of piss to fit!!!

As for the stalk adapter wire, you do need to take the top of the dash off, but it aint that hard!!

I do A level ICT and aint got a clue about how to built a PC, but i can do stereos and cars!!!

BTW where abouts do you live???? Someone on here could fit it for you for a few £££££??????

I might give it a go, but I doubt Ill wire it all up right (certainly not the stalk adaptor). There isnt anyone right nearby me anyway

Thanks for the advice but itll probably end up at some audio place knowing me!

PS: PCs are easy to build!

RB5 & 172

where you based? it is easy to do, my stalk adaptor just plugged in and away you go. the hardest thing was trying to squeze the hu and wires into the dash.

Im on herts/essex border - near Stansted Airport

I managed to get the Renault HU out today (trust me, for me thats a feat and a half!) and then gave up when I saw the stuff at the back. I have no idea where half the things would even go. There are loads of speaker wires (with protective caps on the end) coming out of the aftermarket HU and I cant see where these connect to.

I dont even want to think about how to connect the stalk adaptor if I cant work out the head unit fitting!

Ill just pay someone - it might be a waste of money, but its safer and certainly isnt a 10 minute job for me!

Plastic caps ???

Like big oblong plastic blocks ?

Those are the connectors. should plug straight into your new wiring harness..

Nope - it had those blocks too (even I can see where they go!). Im talking about speaker leads - piece of wire with a connector on the end and a rubber cap over the metal bit protecting it. They are labelled as speakers (front, rear and non-fading - 2 of each)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Mike i have a day off tomorrow and im in enfield i can do it for you so quick

those things are RCAs btw they are only used with an amp so dont worry

Thats really nice of you Tom but I couldnt bother you like that. Ill have another look in the morning and if I cant, Ill pay Just Ice to do it - are they pretty cheap?

Thanks again