ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Manifold and Exhaust Sytem For Performance?

hi guys, right basically what's the best complete exhaust system for a clio to boost performance as i'm going all out with my 172 now so ineed to know.

i'm right now sitting with a magnex cat back which i can change if needed. i have no problem taking out the cat etc

so basically the best exhaust system for a 172 to increase performance is???

cheers
jonny.

alien green rs133
hi guys, right basically what's the best complete exhaust system for a clio to boost performance as i'm going all out with my 172 now so ineed to know.

i'm right now sitting with a magnex cat back which i can change if needed. i have no problem taking out the cat etc

so basically the best exhaust system for a 172 to increase performance is???

cheers
jonny.

ex cup racer car exhaust iirc

good luck finding one

would never be able to source one of them in a million years lol.

nothing like say from k-tec for example or powerflow or something that'll give me a good increase in power.

"Navy" N17 TWO
The 182 manifold + Sport cat or decat + k-Tec/Yozza system is supposed to be good isn't it?

ITB'd MK1
Dont think you'll notice a difference between a 172 and 182 manifold until you've done quite a bit to engine internals. Only really worth changing if the engine is out or significantly apart for other work IMHO. The magnex system is ok, and sounds nice enough. Not keen on the look of it myself but there's nothing actually wrong with it. then just a decat to suit which manifold you have

deffo gonna get a decat just feel that the car's restricted so once the cat's out it'll be better

what's the best manifold for performance you can buy for a 172 or is manifold changing something people dont do with clio's??

ITB'd MK1
deffo gonna get a decat just feel that the car's restricted so once the cat's out it'll be better

what's the best manifold for performance you can buy for a 172 or is manifold changing something people dont do with clio's??

172 and 182 standard manifolds are very good out the box

oh right so no companys do manifolds for 172's

when i was tunning my civic i looked at various manifolds from spoon to dc sports etc nothing like that for clio's?

ITB'd MK1
oh right so no companys do manifolds for 172's

when i was tunning my civic i looked at various manifolds from spoon to dc sports etc nothing like that for clio's?

not to my knowledge, sure you could find something if you paid enough money, but it's just not needed. money better spent elsewhere for some real gains :)

172 Cup
I got a powerflop decat custom on mine and the difference is amazing! Just breathes so easily and sounds so good! Gonna post a vid tomorrow so take a look! Cost me 450 for it all fitted which is a discount as well! I got a viper induction as well and that seems to be working 10x better now with new system!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no better manifold out there for the 172 than the 182 manifold, thats what im running on mine and its awesome, paired up with a k-tec decat pipe and k-tec recessed system its awesome, pulls like a train compaired to standard!

"Navy" N17 TWO
no better manifold out there for the 172 than the 182 manifold, thats what im running on mine and its awesome, paired up with a k-tec decat pipe and k-tec recessed system its awesome, pulls like a train compaired to standard!

Have you any other mods or work done?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
182 manifold, then drive down to AAS in newcastle get them to build you a Decat + exhaust system. Fantastic systems.

so it it worth just puttin a decat pipe onto my 172 manifold or will i go and get a 182 mani with a decat pipe

gonna be much difference?

200bhp 172 cup

This is the same setup as mine and its awsome!! I also have the bmg carbon filter and grp n ecu and it foookin fly's!!!!!:cool: